The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heavily Modded Insurance

Matt H

2011 then. Who have members with very modded cars found to offer the best qoutes / service this year? Are there any new players in the game worth calling up?

Ta

p.s - I don't think there's a thread in this sub section devoted specifically to the above?

Iv had a nightmare recently insuring my legnum. Import but no mods. Quotes of 4-5k if places will even quote. Sky, Adrian flux, lynbrook, marker study etc. I needed the car insured while mine is in for repair so were looking at temp insurance for a month. till last night I decided to compare the meercat. Quite a lot of quotes , admiral the cheapest. All details correct, import engine size etc at just over £1000. Great! That will do me :). Tried the sme out of interest with my uk bpu. 7k pluss lol

It's a funny old world where companies won't quote on a 4x4 estate that goes to the supermarket once a week, but the same companies will insure my 400bhp supe I drive every day no problem.

Back on topic lynbrook do some very nice classic policies that modded supras qualify for. Check the website

There's a few new one's to try in there.

Just googling, I came across this (at the top of the search). Has anyone had a policy with this company before?

http://www.performancedirect.co.uk/modified-car-insurance/

Not seen you on hear much recently mate! Good to see you back :)

Sorry I can't help with the insurance though :(

Thanks bud. Aye, I've been rather busy of late. I've been on the forum perusing but haven't had much time to post :)

Not a new company but on my Supra nobody gets close to Livingstone Warmen, i've only ever had first class

service from them along with the cheapest quotes.

I've tried all the others and used to be with Sky on all 3 of my cars but they've lost the plot in my case as their

way more on my dailys and over double on the supra.

I've gone back to A plan at Thatcham this year - Sky couldn't get close. None of the classic type schemes (e.g. Lynbrook, Footman James) would cover anything substantially modified.

I have also gone back to A-Plan as Sky couldn't match it. I found the same with the Classic Schemes (Lynbrook), they wouldn't cover mine due to too many modifications.

That's some great info so far and a good base for ringing around this weekend. The problem with a highly modded car is not being able to simple stick your details into confused. Without ringing up you can't give a proper picture of what you need insuring.