The mkiv Supra Owners Club

95 TT aerotop GZ reluctantly for sale

dangerous brain

Guest ReVolt
No mate do go in and offer him £6k for it for a laff if you are local. When he starts giving it big gob remind him that he bought it for just over £6k lol.

The thought had crossed my mind! I was thinking of a straight swap :)

Yeah he is only about 3 or 4 miles from me....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of pals and myself were talking about selling cars in general and he hit the nail on the head. It seems that if you drive a car worth a couple of grand it'll sell relatively easy but I think once your talking cira the 10k mark it becomes ten times harder. People just want soo much for there buck. I had one guy travel about 150mls to see my car and said no because the front end had a few stone chips (which I told him about) bearing in mind it is a 4yr old car. I think todays buyer wants a car in as new condition for 2nd hand prices and even then they normally start off by asking " whats the lowest you'd take?"

Well hope you get it sold soon mate as it is a stunning car.

... and even then they normally start off by asking " whats the lowest you'd take?"

WTF is that all about? Like you'd turn around and give them a number. He asks for the lowest, you give it, and that magically becomes the highest offer he'll make!

Him: "What's the lowest you'd take?"

Me: "A million pounds"

Him: "Hmm, seems a bit dear to me..."

Nope.... the reason being im with Tesco, in a nut shell this is story i got.

You are currently only still insured with us on your current car coz we honour current customers. But our new policy is to not insure under 25's on a car like this.

Hence why i can renew, coz im a current customer before that policy came in

I wish she had told me this before i started reeling off half the mods!! £45 for the interior alone ...what!!! not even performance related!!

FFS they are having a laff. Worst thing is the premium is the same for both the N/A and the TT with tescos

only thing i can say is i have checked and have read it on here before they have changed there policy to over 25....so 10 out of 10 for renewing me cheap at least!!

I now know im gonna have to change policy when i come to upgrade. Somethings just meant to be others are not :cry:

I think the right decision for you to do, is flog bits off it and sell not as standard but perhaps just BPU.

There could be many reasons its not selling. Paul Whiffin said he had a silver aerotop for eight months without any interest. I don't know if he's sold it yet but it was up for £10K.

As wsb2 said when he started reading the list of mods to his insurance company they wouldn't even insure him. That could well be the same situation for many people? Maybe people don't like the seats, the bonnet who knows? Its a pretty small market for someone that wants a car exactly like this one and be willing to pay £14K for it and that's why it can take so much time. I wish I could offer some advise to sell it quicker but taking all the bits off really seems the best option its just a shame to do it. But with the market the way it is I think I'll put my car up for sale about 3 months before I want to let it go!

Good luck anyway.

OK this is still on ebay at £14k. I'll accept an offer of £13k from a board member as the car stands which is an out and out bargain as the brand new brakes, tyres and service add up to £1700 that was done a month ago.

http://showoffyourcar.com/cars/TOYOTA/12338.jpg

http://showoffyourcar.com/cars/TOYOTA/12339.jpg

http://showoffyourcar.com/cars/TOYOTA/12349.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.