The mkiv Supra Owners Club

95 TT aerotop GZ reluctantly for sale

dangerous brain

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be a touch careful about the mileage comment. The original advert said 116,000 odd but if that was KM's it equates to approximately 72,000 miles.

He also (allegedly ;) ) bids on his own cars to make sure they reach a worthwhile price:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18277&item=4557131106&rd=1

Sorry for the hijack of your thread. :)

I don't think it's overpriced, the spec on it is top notch.

I can't see why someone would buy a stock aerotop TT for a few grand less, and spend thousands and thousands on the brakes, lights, RLTC, exhaust, intercooler etc etc etc when it's already there in one package - ready to go! :)

Nah not over priced matey at all, I agree with Elliot and am in the same boat, my car was bought stock 1 year ago and all the mods have been done and can be vouched for by Envy, and the car has only covered 5-6k with these mods done.

I still have had no serious offers, yet stock TT's are selling at the same damn price ???? is just silly I think.

Anyway rant over GL matey.

Guest kennyf

I know its not much good to know but the mods we do to our car are never likely to make us any money at the other end. I bought my car 6mths ago for 15k and spent 3k on and now I'm struggling to sell it for 13k :scare:

In our opinion we might have put every mod someone would want on the car but at the end of the day people have there own taste and although our car might be very well spec'd it might not be exactly to their taste. They can also reason well if its been uprated has it been abused which I've never fully understood as generally if someone has spent time and money upgrading their car they'll look after it with equal diligance.

With cars it always the buyers market , the worst bit as Hornet said is they'll prob buy a standard car thats be no where near as well cared for as one by an ethusist owner.

As for your car being over priced , I think its a fair price for the car as even "tatty" examples are offered at 11k+ so for the age and condition of yours even if standard I say it was well priced.

Good luck with the sale.

definitely worth the money - if it had been available 6 months ago when i bought mine i would have jumped at this at around £12k with all that on it already!

perhaps a little side note next to the mods with their approximate cost would allow people to appreciate their value a little more? especially with an audience like ebay who may not be as likely to know what half of them do or improve over standard?

That car is not leaving my drive for 12k lets put it that way. The 12k is on there to stop the relentless muppets that think they can have it for a grand emailing me with their twaddle. The car is worth 14k and thats what I want for it. I just spent over a grand on new tyres, brake discs and 12 months tax for it. If it comes to it I will remove every mod on it and stick them on my aristo and sell the interior and wheels seperately and then flog the car as standard for the 12k that a stock car is worth.

LOL, you probably could strip the car for parts for £12k as well, but that would be heartbreaking!

Only 2 problems with breaking your car as a mate of mine found out.....

He was desperate for cash to buy the car he wanted.....so decided to break a Skyline GTR R33.

The car was valued at £13k at least, and he had everything valued at about the same on it......so started to sell bits.......he got to about 8k and realised that things were slowing down.......2 months later he was at 9k, and had half a car worth of parts and panels left.....engine, g\box wheels, diffs and all the good bits gone........that was a year ago and hes still selling bits....... :Pling:

He is having to drive a crappy Mondeo, and didnt get the car he wanted as he didnt have the funds in time........hes also got 9k for what was a 15 grand car and a heap of bits cluttering up his garage now. :swear: Gutted.

Risky business unless u can guarantee making the money u want.

Just read your thread up and low and behold i see "skyline4sale" bloke mentioned in one of the links. This bloke mailed me when mine was on EBay to say mine was way overpriced and that he`d bought one the same for less off EBay previously, etc, etc. So i told him i wasn`t interested and thanks for wasting my time. Now the wanker has just mailed me because my car only reached £5100 on EBay to say "told you so". Tosspiece. Best of luck with the sale DB and hope you get someone genuine come along and snap it up mate.

Guest ReVolt

It seems Mr Skyline4sale is buying up cheap motors and flogging them on his website!

http://www.tridentperformance.co.uk/

Look at his past items bought, a supra and a range rover, they look familiar!

The anouying thing is, I was gonna go and look at the supra, but after seeing what he bought it for, no way! :swear:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.