The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AFR Drag car on dyno, low boost, road fuel.

dude

I will be there Sunday, Is friday test and tune open to the public? might try and make that an all.

JP If say you had a Nitrous bottle on board for me I dont see how they can stop you coming in !!!! Especially if I tell em your coming and leave your reg number on the gate.

Thanks to everyone for the support I can't believe the luck we have had, so much so that Luke managed to spook me and we have pulled the head off as he thought hte head gasket may be weeping, turns out all was fine but better safe than sorry and I have managed 7 goes from one gasket so ive ordered an HKS for tomorrow and we are just letting the machine shop check the head face, bores etc all look like new and everything looks perfect, fingers crossed for a decent run on friday so we can set it for higher boost and NOS. Im even going to treat her to an oil change as its as run in as its going to get, i asked Tommy 'shall we put the syn 10/60 in it and he replied 'well youve kicked the a**e out of it for 2 days and it seems fine so why not' !!!!!

Well done dude , your car must be the one to beat now. what are we talking 1300 bhp 2.5 bar . don't brake it, before I get to the pod. as I want to race you for the first time .you my have more power, but I have youth on my side .;)

Hopefully that would be a realistic figure, im thinking 2.2 bar and lower rev limit but run the Nitrous progressively thru the gears so it builds to the full 400hp in 4th, time to teach you whippersnappers a lesson !!!! LOL if it survives the test and tune !!!!

Looking good John, hope everything goes well at Pod

The head has been machined and is back on with a 2mm HKS gasket, it was out of true and would prob have played up with the nitrous on, all bores and cams / buckets etc look perfect and leakdown was fine so fingers crossed it will be fine, a quick road test tomorrow and we are ready.