The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock Supra performance stats (input required!)

Homer

I have a US Spec and was also under the impression US/UK are the same other than the side the driver sits on.

I am going way out-off topic here sorry!! but as you are owning an us-specifiacation supra i will let you know that it is not only the drivers position that is different it is just a toyota supra which is road legal in the united states by covering all the laws and regulations which stated for the US, it's in my thoughts an export version of the supra and each export version needs to cover the country regulations, toyota sorted different kinds of packages to come along with the sales to cover those regulations, if i'm wrong please let me know as i want to know the right answer.

The info displayed below is from this link http://paul.webmaster-eye.de/english.html

North American Specification

In the US both engine-versions were available (only Turbo in Canada) as well as both roof-versions, what made a high number of combinations possible. Turbo-equipped vehicles were the top-of-the-line models in the model range. They came with the big version of the brakes (with 17"-rims) and leather seats as standard-equipment. A speciality are the rare "Hardtops" - Turbo-vehicles with a hardtop instead of a Targa roof. They were marketed as the "sportiest version" and are around 100kg lighter then Targa-Models. For weight-reasons they are equipped with cloth-seats from the Non-Turbo version as standard, nevertheless leather seats were available on demand.

To boost up sales Toyota US introduced the "Supra SE" in 1995. Though being the "Special Edition" it is more likely a "low-budget" version: Non-Turbo with mechanical driver's seat adjustment, cloth-seats as standard, small brakes with 16"-rims and hardtop. The "Supra SE" was available in an exclusive colour: Pearl White. This colour wasn't available to any other specification the Supra came in and was only available in MY 1995. North-Amercian specified Supras can be identified by their side-marker lights us spec side markers.jpg(Picture shows facelifted version), which are a substitute for the indicators on the front-fenders.

MY '96 Supras weren't available as 6-Speed manuals due to emission restrictions. Both engine types got equipped with OBDII-Interfaces, turbocharged vehicles already got the facelift-type traction control with "Snow"-Mode.

Features like the active front spoiler, the hood-scoop and glass headlights were not available in North-America. The Canadian version shares the same specification with the US version minus some differences in equipment. Sales ceased in 1998 (Canada: 1997) due new emission restrictions and decreasing sales.

Features

marketed as "Premium Edition" in MY '93

available as Turbo and Non-Turbo (latter with VVT-i in model year '98)

leather seats standard equipment in Turbo-Version (except Hardtop-Models), optional equipment in Non-Turbo models

no additional coolers

plastic headlight covers

available as hardtop and with targa roof

Turbo-Models with 17"-type brakes standard, non-turbo models with 16"-type brakes

Limited Slip Differential standard on Turbo, option on Non-Turbo (standard in 97+ models)

Country-Specific differences Canada: metric speedometer in kph (small imperial scale), seat heaters, daytime running lights, only availabe as turbo

• 2 months later...
Guest charlyboy

Ok, at the risk of starting WW3.....

I am slightly confused (and possibly missing the point) but, I have a jap Twin Turbo, auto import which is ABSOLUTELY BOG STANDARD and is an ex show room demo so it has eveything on it (may not be relevant) but I am shocked and bemused by the top speed figures in this thread. 1 month after I got the car I took it to a track and had the speed electronically timed which came out at 172.4 mph.

I was not driving it on the test (am of the older generation and did not want to screw up) but the guy who tested it said the only reason it did not go any faster is because it was starting to "take off" and he added if you put a bit more weight on the front it will more then likely exceed this figure.

Am I the luckiest Supra owner around?

In case anyone asks, the speed limiter is "switched off"

Ok, at the risk of starting WW3.....

I am slightly confused (and possibly missing the point) but, I have a jap Twin Turbo, auto import which is ABSOLUTELY BOG STANDARD and is an ex show room demo so it has eveything on it (may not be relevant) but I am shocked and bemused by the top speed figures in this thread. 1 month after I got the car I took it to a track and had the speed electronically timed which came out at 172.4 mph.

I was not driving it on the test (am of the older generation and did not want to screw up) but the guy who tested it said the only reason it did not go any faster is because it was starting to "take off" and he added if you put a bit more weight on the front it will more then likely exceed this figure.

Am I the luckiest Supra owner around?

In case anyone asks, the speed limiter is "switched off"

If the 112mph limiter is switched off it's likely you'll hit around that speed :)