The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my big twin turbo build

Stephen G

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Well its been a while since i put on a up dates and between losing my job and very sadly losing my dad to cancer my build came to a stop and was nearly put up for sale, but back in full time work now again it being the first anniversary of my dad passing next week i have decided to get the finger out and get the supra finished as my old man was a real petrol head and used to always complain to me about the good car in bits.

So here we go,

was never really happy with the way the engine bay looked, so i wanted to change a few things with the engine so pull it out and decided to do a hodge on her with a wire tuck and gave the abs and the aircon a new home in my bin:wave:

booster pump for the abs gone

The sound padding on the bulkhead is going to and the engine bay is gonna get painted.

cut the abs and track relay box out of the loom and the main cable from the alternator is going to be run under the inner wing battery is going in the boot "greddy style intake now" and so on.

quick question to members who have removed the air con what did you do about the bit through the bulkhead? leave it or remove it from the heater inside the car and plate up the hole ?

Edited by Stephen G (see edit history)

Well its been a while since i put on a up dates and between losing my job and very sadly losing my dad to cancer my build came to a stop and was nearly put up for sale, but back in full time work now again it being the first anniversary of my dad passing next week i have decided to get the finger out and get the supra finished as my old man was a real petrol head and used to always complain to me about the good car in bits.

So here we go,

was never really happy with the way the engine bay looked, so i wanted to change a few things with the engine so pull it out and decided to do a hodge on her with a wire tuck and gave the abs and the aircon a new home in my bin:wave:

http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab82/m114doy/car2272_zps4a6d7169.jpg

http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab82/m114doy/car2271_zps1d043054.jpg

booster pump for the abs gone

http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab82/m114doy/car2270_zps4430d7bb.jpg

The sound padding on the bulkhead is going to and the engine bay is gonna get painted.

cut the abs and track relay box out of the loom and the main cable from the alternator is going to be run under the inner wing battery is going in the boot "greddy style intake now" and so on.

quick question to members who have removed the air con what did you do about the bit through the bulkhead? leave it or remove it from the heater inside the car and plate up the hole ?

Sorry to hear that :(

Good update. A bit late, but good ;)

• 1 month later...

all painted up now and for the first time matching the same colour as the rest of the car and not that matt finish that toyota likes to leave under the bonnet.

bulkhead sound deading dumped and non-abs master cylinder fitted with proper non-abs brake pipes for the engine bay.

have got a little over spray on the cross member but i'm dropping it out to poly bush everything and paint the arm so will get it cleaned up then.

Oh interesting. Thinking of doing this myself i.e. bying a 6 speed and leaving the Auto UK diff in, let me know how that works out :)

I think jamesy do-luck is using an auto diff but i dont know if its a 3.5 or 3.7 ratio you could ask him what he thinks.

I worked it out with the gear/diff ratio and tyre size calculator and the car will still do over 180 with a std rpm limiter, but in the end if i dont like it, its not hard to change.

Edited by Stephen G (see edit history)

I think jamesy do-luck is using an auto diff but i dont know if its a 3.5 or 3.7 ratio you could ask him what he thinks.

I worked it out with the gear/diff ratio and tyre size calculator and the car will still do over 180 with a std rpm limiter, but in the end if i dont like it, its not hard to change.

Yeah my thoughts exactly, only slight reservation I have is it might be difficult to find a big case 6 speed diff, and also, if the car's constantly on boost or spooling fuel consumption will be ASTRONOMICAL! Which is something I don't want, anyway shall be interesting to see how you get on with it, and yeah I think Jamsey is, but he's still Auto, I'd like to see what difference will be with the 6 speed, what size rims/tyres are you going for?