The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just phoned the DVLA

hodge

Guest Budz86

Would not telling the dvla make the MOT invalid? Or tax? Can't see how but might be worth some digging as the last thing you need is to get pulled over and get the book thrown at you

• 3 months later...
Definitely. I'd rather negotiate with Idi Amin than the DVLA.

+1

they sent me a letter 4 months of ownership of my supra saying that they had registered it as scrapped!?lol! phoned the retards up and explained that couldnt be the case as i was phoning them stood next to it on the drive!?lol!

which then resulted in letters many. and a request to drive an hour and a half during my working hours to get it inspected by somebody as less technically minded than a goldfish!they refused to pay my fuel and my wage that i'd be missing out on!lol! twats! was their fuck up with paperwork!?

a friend phoned them this year to confirm his sawn(or whatever it is) car he's been building for time attack and get told they had no details of the car since 2005 despite the fact the tax disc had a valid disc for 2007 in the window still!lmao! tried charging him a fair bit of money after fucking up the sawn paperwork between this year and last!? lol!

and recently inquired about na-t:

1st phone call=

yes! yes! yes! you totally have to tell us and we need reciepts and we may need to inspect it.

2nd phonecall=

no, as the engines not being changed and not a change in engine size.

3rd phonecall=

not sure. you will have to contact motor transport office(or whatever they're called) and ask them...

quite easy to see really that the goverment could train sloths to do a better job!

steer clear!!!

you just need to do a engine code change. can be done sending the logbook and a covering letter with the new engine number to them. then you will have to go to a local centre and pay for a VIC check. mainly to check the engine code- and chassis code are as stated they will print you a new log book with the correct details then and there...

i did mine at the peterborough vosa test station

i had to do this when i had my mk1 clio, it was a track toy and had a fully customed 1.4 engine in a 1.2 chassis i went through 5 blocks with that car in 3 years so that was 5 vic checks it had as i was buying 2nd hand engines and the engine codes are on the block

Hey mate.

If you havnt give them any details I would just change the engine number over. But if you have I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but rather than sending pics and info and them getting confused and getting you stressed just tell them to come out and you can explain to them what you have done ;-)