The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My car has turned into a mean and nasty Ba***rd

dude

How did u get on John??

As soon as the car is under power we could not get any gears, got a 1 .7 60 ft though !!!! Putting the triple plate back in unless we can find something obvious with the 4 plate as I dont have time to mess around.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone hear how Dude or Mark got on today?

Mark IS the new diff killer, 2 launches 2 diffs, he has to fit a big diff, car did run a 12.4 @ 118 with no boost controller as the fuse blew so at 1.8 bar should run easy low 11's. Poor mark broke the first diff on his first launch with proper boost, left the pod at about 11 and got back at 6, I chucked the diff in and it broke as he tried to launch firts run sunday.

As soon as the car is under power we could not get any gears, got a 1 .7 60 ft though !!!! Putting the triple plate back in unless we can find something obvious with the 4 plate as I dont have time to mess around.

:( sh!t mate thats a shame - nice 60ft though definite potential :D

Blood hell dude you must have broken some mirrors or something in the past to have such bad luck! Fingers crossed for you that you find something obvious on the 4 plate clutch!

Yeah tell me about it, changes fine at slow speeds, we know the problem, the machine shop have taken too much off the pedestals and the cover is pulled down too tight, trouble is the box is a pig to take out with the scatter shield etc so it will be a nightmare to experiment with and get right, I have a road car we will do that in , meantime the triple will do, I may go sequential which is why im not buying a Tilton clutch as i dont want to pay $6000 to just run it at 4 meetings and find it wont fit the new box.

Been on the phone all afternoon and Ive found a sequential box that will take the power without breaking, I should be able to launch at 7000rpm with nitrous and it will not bother it so its just figuring out how to fit one in the car.

Never known one car to have so many problems, i think that car was jinxed from the famous broom stick mod, back in the turbofit days, Bonfire night is only a few months away mate.

J, if it gives me any more problems I will supply the petrol and matches and would be honoured if you would do the deed !!!!!!, the seq box is not a fix just after chatting with the skyline boys they reckon the seq is worth a second minimum in a 1/4 mile, Simon reckoned when they put a seq in Rocket Ronnies skyline it felt like it had 200 hp more !!!!!!