The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra prices

wicked-wench

With this in mind do you think ebay would let me sell my husband :D

Depends.... one careful owner..... bodywork in good condition...?

:tongue: :run:

I still think eBay prices are artificially low for cars that have been well looked-after. I would expect a mint NA sold in an owners forum to fetch maybe between £4k and £5k.

I wonder why would they put the car on eBay instead of AutoTrader?

It's not that it will sell quicker, is it?

And surely they don't expect someone to lay down a few grand without seeing or driving the car first...

Ebay is the best place to advertise a car. Set the reserve high so it doesn't sell. Its the cheapest way of picture advertising as many words as you want etc to a very wide audience. I have used auto trader and various other publications to absolutely no avail. Ebay i've sold 2 cars through using them to advertise. If you keep an eye on it cars actually rarely sell on ebay, they are just using it as an advertising medium.

Guest Sakura
I wonder why would they put the car on eBay instead of AutoTrader?

It's not that it will sell quicker, is it?

And surely they don't expect someone to lay down a few grand without seeing or driving the car first...

I tried to sell a car through Autotrader last year with no luck at all. I paid for about 12 weeks of online ads and 4 weeks of very expensive magazine cover. I tried Ebay because it's cheap - £6 to list and £35 max commission. My car sold for £7,800 on Ebay, to a couple who had not seen or driven it. They paid a substantial deposit at my request immediately. I delivered the car to Fleet Services on the M3, and they handed over cash. :woot:

My sister sold her car for a similar price on Ebay. There are people out there who will lay down several grand without seeing or driving the car. :rolleyes:

I tried to sell a car through Autotrader last year with no luck at all. I paid for about 12 weeks of online ads and 4 weeks of very expensive magazine cover. I tried Ebay because it's cheap - £6 to list and £35 max commission. My car sold for £7,800 on Ebay, to a couple who had not seen or driven it. They paid a substantial deposit at my request immediately. I delivered the car to Fleet Services on the M3, and they handed over cash. :woot:

My sister sold her car for a similar price on Ebay. There are people out there who will lay down several grand without seeing or driving the car. :rolleyes:

Mad just shows how people get scammed these days. Perhaps I should stick a couple on ebay myself :p

Guest Sakura
Mad just shows how people get scammed these days. Perhaps I should stick a couple on ebay myself :p

I agree! Ours cars were genuine and I like to think we are honest sellers who describe things accurately. But the couple I sold my car to didn't know anything about me. They were new to Ebay and it was their first purchase :scare:

I was amazed they would take such a risk. But it just goes to show there are people out there ready to be scammed - if you are the kind of person who could scam them!

What so people just contact you afterwards?

You stick a phone number on the ad and the disclaimer that its advertised elsewhere and you may pull it before the auction ends. To be fair I'd sell a car as seen and wouldn't accept a bid from anyone that hadn't seen the car. 2 weeks on ebay generated 5 tyre kickers and numerous phone calls for an audi i sold for a friend. Not one single phone call from autotrader or the other local rags I put it in.