The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anyone fancy meeting up around northants?

t-one234

im a newbie on here and ive been waiting since march for a meet to pop up for northants area

now ive seen a few members are from around northants area

so where is everyone hiding? not one meet organised in near 2 months ive been on the site?

im not finding alot of reason to stick on this site if nobody is social

not having a dig, but i would like to get to know a few members before the show season

so any chance of anything happening?

tone

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi mate.. and welcome

not been on here for a while, supra has taken a bit of a back seat for me at the mo, not had the time or money to spend on her.. :thumbdown:

been wanting to catch up with david and take a look at his supercharger project but haven't got round to that either.. so hopefully be out and about soon, your welcome to join us, when we get round to it, lol

Mr Richie and Kev usually out and about together cruisin if thats your bag.. i'll pass ur number on if you like as i don't think he's on here much either!

hi mate.. and welcome

not been on here for a while, supra has taken a bit of a back seat for me at the mo, not had the time or money to spend on her.. :thumbdown:

been wanting to catch up with david and take a look at his supercharger project but haven't got round to that either.. so hopefully be out and about soon, your welcome to join us, when we get round to it, lol

Mr Richie and Kev usually out and about together cruisin if thats your bag.. i'll pass ur number on if you like as i don't think he's on here much either!

You and anyone else with an interest are welcome to come and see the progress any time.

'S' day is looming. :)

Have you got that fuel filter in yet?

tone,

Unless you're in the in club, that's the way it is.

Best to regard Suprapod and Stickweeds Park as local meets and if you expect company, take a friend. ;)

just so i understand this correctly

this club doesnt hold regional meets, it doesnt accept new people very well

and if i go to a show i have to take a mate or ill be left by myself and not included

well, i must say, im not overly impressed by this club so far

i think atm, its £10 wasted on the membership and its prehaps time to find a new site

not throwing my toys out the pram, its just an observation from the 2 months ive been on the site

Stick with it mate.

I dont know what it is at the moment but not many people want to come out to play.

You could come up to one of Wilko's Chesterfield meets. Only up the M1 for you (bit of a trek I know)

Its not the club , you have to think like the scoobies have small regional clubs, this is for the whole of the UK

Your right though should be more of a social thing.. come on Northants peeps get your Supra's out to play :)

just so i understand this correctly

this club doesnt hold regional meets, it doesnt accept new people very well

and if i go to a show i have to take a mate or ill be left by myself and not included

well, i must say, im not overly impressed by this club so far

i think atm, its £10 wasted on the membership and its prehaps time to find a new site

not throwing my toys out the pram, its just an observation from the 2 months ive been on the site

Northants doesn't go a bundle on arranged meets, we simply visit each other. :)

When you do get to a show you won't know who the individual members are, unless they happen to have a face that looks like the gorgeous womans arse in their avatar. ;)

Edited by David P (see edit history)

been on here 3 years and theres never been many local meets, generally not the carpark types round here.. mostly "older" members (no offence).. but mr richie and evinX are younger lads (and i'm sure a few others) enjoy a roll round town etc.. Guigsy is also a member of japmids and goes to a few more meets!

theres usually a convoy to the larger meets, meet at sixfields mcD's for a muffin and chat then head to where ever, which is a chance to see the local faces before being ignored by the rest of the club (only joking!).. i usually bring a mate along but they are a friendly bunch and if you make the effort i'm sure you will be welcomed with open arms, especially if you have large b00bs!!

I live in Kettering too, so if you fancy a pint with a supersonic fogey, let me know.

keep me posted... i'll pop over

Tone - you will easily get your £10 worth in the parts for sale bit... dread to think what i would of spent without the help of the club..

And No david i havent fitted the fuel filter yet, i fell out of love with her lately so havent spent any time or cash on her, have even been looking at other cars (old beetles, lol) :tongue:

There are some great cars arround northants but they are just quiet members. Sedge and chunk (yellow aero 6 speed single conversion) for example and Steve the mod doesn't get out much ;) . But our meets just never seem to get numbers I've tried to arrange them. I get 7-8 names then 2-3 turn up so gave up. If someone arranges a meet I'll cone along. I used to go to lots of shows but im married now :p so the odd one and event here and there.

I went to japmids every month till they buggered arround with the meet locations. The site is prety dead now tho.

If your saying the 10 quid isn't worth it because there are no meets your missing the point IMO the site is way more active than most I've used. Only the vr4 forum which includes Australia and new zealand comes close. And the meet frequency there is less and its more expensive to join. Also not everyone has time or money to attend meets every few weeks.

I'm in France ATM with 30 odd supra owners. And then there is supra pod soonish. Ace cafe meets. And show stands and convoys at japshow and jae etc

Stick with it mate.

I dont know what it is at the moment but not many people want to come out to play.

You could come up to one of Wilko's Chesterfield meets. Only up the M1 for you (bit of a trek I know)

Its not the club , you have to think like the scoobies have small regional clubs, this is for the whole of the UK

Your right though should be more of a social thing.. come on Northants peeps get your Supra's out to play :)

ok scotty, i will give it another go, im just not used to joining an owners club and never having any meets is all, im a Regional Organiser for the midlands on the AOC (which was from my last car, an astra) and that website has over 46,000 members, i recently organised a meet in MK and got nearly 16 cars

Northants doesn't go a bundle on arranged meets, we simply visit each other. :)

When you do get to a show you won't know who the individual members are, unless they happen to have a face that looks like a gorgeous womans arse. ;)

i dont have a gorgeous womens body, but i have a supra, so surely if i post a pic of it up, people will recoqnise the car and come say hello to a newbie

been on here 3 years and theres never been many local meets, generally not the carpark types round here.. mostly "older" members (no offence).. but mr richie and evinX are younger lads (and i'm sure a few others) enjoy a roll round town etc.. Guigsy is also a member of japmids and goes to a few more meets!

theres usually a convoy to the larger meets, meet at sixfields mcD's for a muffin and chat then head to where ever, which is a chance to see the local faces before being ignored by the rest of the club (only joking!).. i usually bring a mate along but they are a friendly bunch and if you make the effort i'm sure you will be welcomed with open arms, especially if you have large b00bs!!

im not into the car park cruising meets for rude boys, i like a nice pub lunch and a chat about our passion of supras

im never one to attend a show and not make an effort to talk to people, i love gassing and i will probably be more interested in your supras lol, somthing to aspire for mine to become one day

:rlol:

You really know how to impress the ladies.

i do have boobs, but im a bloke haha

tone,

Not many offers. :search:

Shane is busy being a born again dad, Fizzle is fizzle and I'm not yet acquainted with any other local members.

I live in Kettering too, so if you fancy a pint with a supersonic fogey, let me know.

a fella being a father is far more important the car meet, so need say no more about that,

if fizzle is fizzle lol, he doesnt sound to bad

surely if people arent aquainted with meeting local members, thats got to be a better reason to get out and meet some?

yeah, david, im more than up for a meet and to have a look of your motor, out of interested, do you have a private reg ending in SUP?

i may have seen it down at KRS as i work next door to them

keep me posted... i'll pop over

Tone - you will easily get your £10 worth in the parts for sale bit... dread to think what i would of spent without the help of the club..

And No david i havent fitted the fuel filter yet, i fell out of love with her lately so havent spent any time or cash on her, have even been looking at other cars (old beetles, lol) :tongue:

well other than having my PMs ignored asking for service prices and details about people who can get me good prices on OEM parts, its like people dont want my money

and surely you cannot replace a supra with a beetle lol, thats such a backwards step and you would miss her

There are some great cars arround northants but they are just quiet members. Sedge and chunk (yellow aero 6 speed single conversion) for example and Steve the mod doesn't get out much ;) . But our meets just never seem to get numbers I've tried to arrange them. I get 7-8 names then 2-3 turn up so gave up. If someone arranges a meet I'll cone along. I used to go to lots of shows but im married now :p so the odd one and event here and there.

I went to japmids every month till they buggered arround with the meet locations. The site is prety dead now tho.

If your saying the 10 quid isn't worth it because there are no meets your missing the point IMO the site is way more active than most I've used. Only the vr4 forum which includes Australia and new zealand comes close. And the meet frequency there is less and its more expensive to join. Also not everyone has time or money to attend meets every few weeks.

I'm in France ATM with 30 odd supra owners. And then there is supra pod soonish. Ace cafe meets. And show stands and convoys at japshow and jae etc

if there really are some great cars owners a proud of, why not show them off? ive wanted a supra for 10 years, ive finally bought one and im stuggling to meet up with like minded people, i thought that it would be a lot easier than this , im not a wierdo whos up for dogging as ive clearly bought the wrong car for that, i just like making new friends lol

im sure i will probably get the £10 out of the club, but at the moment, i feel it a bit clicky and hard to get into the club

i cant wait for the show season, i dont think i can do suprapod but im goin for japshow, jae and also the japfest event at rockingham

I've just moved from Market Harborough over to Oakley Vale (well' date=' Corby really, just don't tell anyone :D). I work away a lot, but am more than willing to head out any time I'm back[/quote']

i know where your on about fella, not to far from kettering

if anyone does want me to organise a meet then im more than happy to, i just didnt want to overstep the mark being a newbie and everything

let me know your thoughts on it

if anyone does want me to organise a meet then im more than happy to, i just didnt want to overstep the mark being a newbie and everything

let me know your thoughts on it

go for it mate.. i was like you once ;) they soon grind you down!!:blink:

Kettering is central to Corby & Northampton. :think:

I propose a meet @ The Piper, Windmill Avenue, Kettering. (Next to Stickweeds Park)

They prepare the best traditional Sunday roast I have found and for only circa £7.

They also have 7 well kept real ales and plenty of girls beers too. :)

Eating and/or drinking is optional, pay on the day.

Simples :)

Turn up around 1pm munch if you want @ 3pm, reservation advised, pick a May Sunday, any would suit me.

15th

22nd

29th

O.K. The Piper 29th May it is. :friday: :grouphug: :whoosh: :Popcorn: :blahblah: :friends: :burp: :hide:

There are plenty of 'safe' places to park a Supra in and around the pub grounds. :senile::thumbs:

Turn up from 1pm, munch if you want @ around 3pm, no need to wear a badge with your avatar, the staff will know where we are. ;)

Sunday lunch menu is traditional only and is the best pub roast I have found. :trophy:

Generously carved portions of beef and turkey or gammon, served with both new potatoes and roasties, broccoli, Savoy cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, swede, Yorkshire pudding, gravy and special recipe stuffing. :drool: :yum: :yummy:

Only £7.25 on the day and you will be pogged if you can manage it. :fart:

I will need to give them a clue a week before thereabouts, as to how many, thereabout. :think:

If you may be dropping in for a liquid lunch, or even just a smoke in the garden, post it up, it helps the 'I will if you will's'. :drag:

:meeting: Everyone is welcomed and eating is an optional extra, I just need to know how many would like a fab trad, just add your name to the munch list, then copy and paste forwards.

See you there. :thumbs:

NN15 6PS

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF8&q=piper+kettering&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=piper&hnear=Kettering&hl=en&view=map&cid=428455344923356828&ll=52.389142,-0.709605&spn=0.007399,0.01929&z=16

Piper 29 munch list

David2009

Blimey its all been going on here eh....thats since I have been changing nappies, feeding the baby, doing the washing, NOT sleeping etc. Actually none of these things, well maybe bit of the last! Been really tied up with my other car project and home stuff these last few weeks and finally have that somewhere near done, for now at least and it's back to being 'Supratime'. You know what, reckon I may do my best to join you all on the 29th, will probably bring the new family too.

Welcome to the club, sorry I didnt reply to your PM re having a meet, but it came as the missus was giving birth and then I dropped of the radr Supra wise.

TBH, £10 is well worth paying to be a member on here just the for sale section and the wealth of tech info there is on here. Some members (but make sure you suss out who they are as some have not got a clue, yet seem to think they have) have a great knowledge of the Mkiv and most questions you have will be answered on here somewhere if you take a look. The meets are good if you like looking at Supras, and Suprapod is great value and if the weather is good a great day, but, I do know what David means in his earlier post.

Edited by Shane
typos galore (see edit history)