The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BMW powered supra.......

jazz1

I don't mean the 90s M Tech engines, I'm talking about the modern day V8 & V10 engines lol. What engine is in that Supra? Is it an old one? I wouldn't chose anything other than those over the 2JZ if talking of BMW engines.

I have no idea what the MTech engines were like back then, I've never even driven a post 2004 BMW for example.

I wasn't saying that BMW were miles better than Toyota "back in the day", I'm saying that the modern Mtech engines are technologically miles better than the 90's 2JZ engine. I actually thought the one in that Supra was a modern V8 variant with a tubby stuck on it.

Ah, that explains it then, I thought for a second someone hacked your account. :D

Looks like they are using the M5 engine out of the E34 shaped BMW (3.6L, 315 BHP)

http://www.tremek.com/forum/toyota-videos/47405-supra-mkiv-bmw-m5-3-6-turbo-engine.html

Now them engines weren't renowned for being reliable, but they are older than the 2JZ.

Ah, that explains it then, I thought for a second someone hacked your account. :D

Looks like they are using the M5 engine out of the E34 shaped BMW (3.6L, 315 BHP)

http://www.tremek.com/forum/toyota-videos/47405-supra-mkiv-bmw-m5-3-6-turbo-engine.html

Now them engines weren't renowned for being reliable, but they are older than the 2JZ.

So they fitted an inferior engine? How odd :blink:

Gotta be quicker ;)

So they fitted an inferior engine? How odd :blink:

Yep! I vaguely remember compression is all over the house with that engine so have no idea how they are running that turbo. I guess if they found the engine\car for cheap then it might have triggered them to do it.