The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Running on 15" drag wheels, MT radials all the time......

Jamesy

I know !!!!! But that looks even harder, what RPM in 4th dude??? I really need to be able to hit 160 ++++ before I run out of RPM

Im not sure on the RPM, ive only done a couple of runs, i like the 325's also but im not into it enough to warrant them, jacking it right up and changing the geo settings if i want to put the drag wheels on sounds like a pita to me.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What size would be best for auto mate?? Dont seem to be many for sale might have to look on supraforums possibly ...

JP is right the 28's are a pain to fit, the 275/60 are the same height but may go in easier as they will be further from the inner and outer arch. Right a quick lesson in tyres.

Imagine the wheel sat off the car, mark the top with white paint, now roll it one circumferance till the white mark is back upright, a tall tyre like a 28 or 30" will have rolled quite a few feet further than a smaller say 24/25" tyre, now each time the tyre rotates that car flies forward that many feet (but only if the car has enough power to turn the tyre fast enough), so for each revolution the car with the taller tyre goes say 5ft further, Jamesy's car dafinatly has the power to run a 28" tyre obviously JP's has more than enough power to turn it.

Lee has the 275/60/15's and he got them on ok, i dont think he has run with them yet though, his wheels are also a bit thinner than my drag wheels which has helped with clearance an all, i am tempted to try the 325's again now i have wider arches, i might not have to jack it up like last time i tried them. expensive mistake if they wont fit again though.

Lee has the 275/60/15's and he got them on ok, i dont think he has run with them yet though, his wheels are also a bit thinner than my drag wheels which has helped with clearance an all, i am tempted to try the 325's again now i have wider arches, i might not have to jack it up like last time i tried them. expensive mistake if they wont fit again though.

You can try mine or I have some spare tyres you can borrow to try JP, I have 4 pairs of drag radials for this year.

Thanx for the info dude.

I do like the idea of running these for a bit. I can still use my ssr's at the front and use the rears for shows n stuff.

Might have to sell the current black GTR's to put some cash towards it but prob worth it :)

you need 7.5 inch ,if you have not got that , that mybe the problem you are having fitting them. the wheels you got were from a wide boby supra, mybe not a 7.5 inch back space.

No mine are for a stock body supra, it was not a back space issue as they rubbed both sides unless it was jacked up very high then the geo was miles out and it drove terrible, 26" tyres are a simple fit.

2x Weld 10/15 draglights . lug nuts three packs needed, 10 long studs, 2 x 295/50/15 MT street tyres, with shipping was £1056.00 from La racing .

I never knew they did a 295/50/15 street radial, back when i was buying it was 275 or 325, i had trouble with the 325's.

Due to lack of traction even with 295 R888's i'm now debating whether to run the proper 15" drag wheels (as per Lee and Jamies current ones) with some super squidgey tyres

I will still use the SSR's for shows n stuff but no point having a fast car if its uncontrollable and i reckon with proper drag wheels fitted it'll still be lively, but also more fun.

I also think its looks pretty brutal on the car on the streets too!!

Does anyone have a pair they want to sell ?? :)

As dude said, you need to get them up to temperature for them to grip, should be ok soon now the weather is clearing up a bit.

I would have thought it will handle terrible with drag tyres on the back

Another thing to think of is your diff, what are you running? I would highly recommend the OS Giken diffs, they made a huge difference on our track cars.

I would highly recommend the OS Giken diffs, they made a huge difference on our track cars.

I've read a little on those diffs recently as I'm thinking about upgrading from my Torsen. What do you think the OSG would be like on the road Paul?