The mkiv Supra Owners Club

High emmissions!

black_widow87

My original point that the single changes stuff was that we are not simply dealing with a stock TT, i also saw you were looking at changing turbo which could have complicated things but i see you have not yet. Did you not say your current turbo is damaged? Hence the proposed change?

Again my request for more detail was to see if for any reason it could be running very rich off boost/at idle perhaps leading to higher emissions. Not sure a FIC would work in that way, was just trying to build a bigger picture. I would suggest you clarify which part of emmisions are out and go from there.

If you dont know by now Richard, then i cant help you :)

My original point that the single changes stuff was that we are not simply dealing with a stock TT, i also saw you were looking at changing turbo which could have complicated things but i see you have not yet. Did you not say your current turbo is damaged? Hence the proposed change?

Again my request for more detail was to see if for any reason it could be running very rich off boost/at idle perhaps leading to higher emissions. Not sure a FIC would work in that way, was just trying to build a bigger picture. I would suggest you clarify which part of emmisions are out and go from there.

Thats very flippant Robert, for someone who doesn't seem to have a complete grasp on the subject! No matter whether the car has the original turbos or a dam great single, the std NB sensor does exactly the same thing, it controls feedback for fuel control for idle and off boost/cruse,

so unless he has an ECU that is capable of utalising a WB sensor, which i see it hasn't (FIC) thats all its going to do regardless!

Guest gazza

as far as i know the cat is only the main part for hydrocarbons and most cars will still pass from the 90's era even with out this fitted, the mixture control comes from various other sensors on the engine's i.e. mat, map, throttle posision sensor. runnning rich could be down to any of them as well as the o2 sensor. it could also be from a air leak which will cause it to run like that or even the thermo stat!

is the engine coming up to its correct running temp? and staying there even when moving? if it drops and starts getting cooler or does not rise at all then your thermostat is screwed and that will make the ecu think your car is not warmed up so it will run very rich. my mr2 turbo did that last year.

Guest gazza
It is possible that the ECU water temp sensor could be fooked, and that would cause the ECU to run as in warm up, by making the AFRs richer, similar to a fooked lambda, but thats about it really.

oh yeah forgot that sensor see there's another to your list of could be's !

Cheers for your help fellas, think im gonna change turbo over and clean o2 sensor an see what results i get. If its still kicking out way too much ill look into my water sensors. My water temp gauge is reading normal, no strange behaviour. I mean i only had a new thermostat couple of months back, surely they cant fail that quickly??

Guest gazza
Cheers for your help fellas, think im gonna change turbo over and clean o2 sensor an see what results i get. If its still kicking out way too much ill look into my water sensors. My water temp gauge is reading normal, no strange behaviour. I mean i only had a new thermostat couple of months back, surely they cant fail that quickly??

well the thermostat is ruled out then, should be fine. but as tricky said ecu temp sensor is another problem area on most cars. i would start with the cheapest parts first and work you way up thats what i did lol.

yeah sue me, sick to the back teeth of your shitty attitude.

Thought i would actually try to help the guy rather than just suggest he fits a universal O2 sensor, so you can shove your 'complete grasp' where the sun dont shine kiddo :)

I was trying to help him save the exorbitant prices charged for so called genuine spares,

I'm sorry you have a problem with "my shitty attitude" perhaps you should learn a little tolerance, and perhaps you should look to your own "attitude" in future,

There are plenty on here that

i don't particularly like but i can manage to hold my tongue, so i suggest you do the same! i seldom comment on any of your posts, in any case try using you ignore button if you have a problem.

Thats an odd one, (also non std) they normally have a hex unless they have there own bolt on boss, similar to std type.

Its going to be a sod to remove without damage, i would try liberal applications of a decent dismantling fluid, and try heating up and cooling down a couple of times re applying the fluid in between.

Other than that if you can get it to somewhere thats Oxy acetylene, the extra heat on the boss may just shift it, what have you been using to try and loosen it with?

Guest gazza

that looks like a sealed unit, looks like its been brazed in place to stop it leeking, could be your gonna need to replace hole section.