The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota FT-86.. the new supra?

Guest atkay

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the new supra, it's to take the place of the celica.

Toyota have bought the rights to the "Supra" name in which they have 2 years to produce or "use" the name on something else before the rights go.

Working at Toyota, I'd say don't hold your hopes up, they seem to be concentrating on hybrids to much :(

It's not the new supra, it's to take the place of the celica.

Toyota have bought the rights to the "Supra" name in which they have 2 years to produce or "use" the name on something else before the rights go.

Working at Toyota, I'd say don't hold your hopes up, they seem to be concentrating on hybrids to much :(

The FT-86 will be built, and should hit showrooms in 2012. It's also very unlikely to wear the Celica badge. There was never a RWD lightweight Celica.

I didn't say it'll wear the Celica badge, I said it's to take the place of the Celica!

And what difference does it make if it's a lightweight RWD? The Celica has already been AWD and FWD, also the last celica wasn't exactly arctic lorry in the size department!

I didn't say it'll wear the Celica badge, I said it's to take the place of the Celica!

And what difference does it make if it's a lightweight RWD? The Celica has already been AWD and FWD, also the last celica wasn't exactly arctic lorry in the size department!

How can it take the place of a car that hasn't been made since 2006? :D

The idea behind the FT-86 is a recreation of the AE86 Corolla, a lightweight, rear-wheel drive coupe.

Just seen this on another Supra members Facebook page- http://www.fastcar.co.uk/04570735437320313363/the-new-toyota-supra.html

Fast Car magazine and Max Power are always right, so it may be this is the new Supra after all ;)

I think it looks like the new Impreza from the door back, the rear side panel and arch look very Impreza like

the diffusser looks tacky but it has potential and it better sound like a true boxster engine, for that alone I would buy it