The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for a single turbo 6 speed again

tooquicktostop

You are absolutely right building the car is fun, collecting the parts, its like Christmas every week.....however there is a tipping point that comes in the build where you are spending beyond the value of the car regardless of what you do next.

When you build a single from a good stock base you have so many additional things to think about and not just the engine, I wont go on its been discussed on there so many time, then you have to think about the labour because if you can not do it yourself you need a RESPECTED garage to do it

Then the ECU and mapping, followed but a few brief months of excitement as you revel in the power..... then you get used to the power and want more etc etc

I want to factor out the above and buy a very well put together Single, be it from Japan or here in the UK, not bothered, as long as it passes a very strict inspection

I have built several singles with different tuners and the costs can become unbelievable if you add it all up, my R23 must have owed me £50,000 and my Black TT6 well over £40,000, both great cars but boy was the journey a tough one, in the end they both sold for less than what I paid for the original car before the work, see where I am coming from !

The Single TT6 just before I sold it

My R32 GTR 2.7 stroker just after rebuild

i thought exactly the same as you purchasing one already done will be alot cheaper,

but there is always the chance things go wrong just like they did with the one i purchased:rolleyes:

the money im know puting into the rebuild and upgrades etc ill never get back when i re sell it but im sure it would of still cost alot more if i was to of done it from scratch thats what i keep telling the mrs anyway;)

i thought exactly the same as you purchasing one already done will be alot cheaper,

but there is always the chance things go wrong just like they did with the one i purchased:rolleyes:

the money im know puting into the rebuild and upgrades etc ill never get back when i re sell it but im sure it would of still cost alot more if i was to of done it from scratch thats what i keep telling the mrs anyway;)

You were very unlucky, to be honest my single TT6 was built by reputable traders and still had issues, it is a money pit, you have to go into it knowing that to still enjoy it

I still think a fully spec'd single will be better than starting all over again

Look forward to seeing you back on the road soon

Link ??

Here you go :)

It has some very desireable extras, such as the HKS CAMP2, Brembos, Fuel system/battery box (looks a work of art :cool: ) and i'm going to guess that's a full, genuine Top Secret III bodykit.

The only thing I don't get is what's going on with the rad top pipe? Seems to have been relocated somehow. Potentially much smarter than stock.

Here you go :)

It has some very desireable extras, such as the HKS CAMP2, Brembos, Fuel system/battery box (looks a work of art :cool: ) and i'm going to guess that's a full, genuine Top Secret III bodykit.

The only thing I don't get is what's going on with the rad top pipe? Seems to have been relocated somehow. Potentially much smarter than stock.

Thats a NA-T.