The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trial rear questions...

Lee_e

Will give him a PM, anyone have any idea on the price ? Will basically be dropping my car off with the trial rear and all the work will be carried out by the shop.

Removal of side markers and filling the hole's, removal of rear bumper, spraying and fitting new rear and blending in the top side parts.

I have no idea how much it will cost but im hoping not alot ... any ideas from forum traders would be great.

Was thinking about doing the prep work myself i.e test fitting the new rear and maybe getting it to fit smoothly before giving it to the shop ?

Edited by Lee_e (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Looking to get my trial rear fitted end of this month, Does anyone know if the side parts of the rear covers the wholes from the facelift markers? been looking at a few pictures of trial rears and cant see if it would cover them or not. cheers guys

where can you get the trial rear bumper, seen some on ebay which i personally wouldnt trust, and KR have discontinued them?

Got mine off ebay with advice from another member, said the fitment was quite good, quality looks good aswell, will dry fit it in the next few weeks and let you know.

Got mine off ebay with advice from another member, said the fitment was quite good, quality looks good aswell, will dry fit it in the next few weeks and let you know.

was it a white gel coat one by anychance, i know pics arnt much to go by on ebay but there was one that looked well made but fitment is the main issue.

please do let me know how it goes, this is the rear i want as a autoshine diffuser i dont think will fit my exhaust

• 1 month later...
Very nice mate :thumbs:

Where did you get it done?

got in done in lower beeding, just down the road from my work, little place but the guy that does the spraying is pretty awesome, they have done my Bonnet, front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper , rear quarters, interior bits and other bits on my previous cars. he know what he's doing and is very competitive with prices.

drop me a pm if you want there details etc

lee

Trial rear, bomex skirts, do luck front and trd spoiler...its a combination that I have seen on quite a few Sups over the years, but you can see why!:thumbs: Looks great buddy!

A few years ago this is exactly the route I'd have taken but recently I've leaned towards the stock look.