• Sat 19th March
    • Sat 26th March

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I've now picked up the beast but might have a problem getting over for this. Need to send the RLTC ecu back to Race Logic as there is a fault and the car will be immobilised whilst it is away.

Hope to send it back end of this week so with luck it should be back in time.

Will repost with confirmation once I know the timings around this.

Really want to know the power as it lit up the back wheels at 80 in 3rd on Thursday! Hit 1.3bar according to the boost controller.

sorry neil n-a shelagh the mrs says i can dyno only one car as the MR2 (IS HER PRIDE AND JOY)have invites gone out to any other jap clubs ??. just how many members are in the north west? are people worried what might happen to there cars on the dyno?FAILING TO PREPARE IS PREPERING TO FAIL

it looks like the numbers are getting up a little more?? have we had a count up recentaly what sort of numbers are we into now have any other club shown any interest so many questions any sort of answers?? has the trafford center meeting been cancelled??

Well Martin was in the shop yesterday and i think i have convinced him so he just needs to try to figure out how to open his wallet and hand over the cash then he is sorted.

He also mentioned Sakey was supposed to be coming for a run.

Guys, I emailed TDI to see what there normal rate is as I'm wanting to take mine irrespective of getting 10 or so.

I was a bit concerned at the response I got, not because of the price but what they had to say with regards to auto's, see below...

Hello

Dyno runs are normally £45+vat

We really do have issues with automatic transmission as the cars want to try and kick down and it can cause problems keeping the cars on the dyno.

If its not particularly high power we will probably be OK though.

Regards

Paul West

Concerns me that TDI are supposed to be good but have issues with Dyno'ing auto's. If there is any risk then I'm out.

I don't know why people have issues with autos as the manual setting is exactly that, it cant kick down if you are physically and manually in 1st, 2nd or 3rd gear.

Has anyone with an auto had this issue, even when in manual mode? Or do you know any auto owner who has had their car kick down even though they are manually in gear, especially on a Dyno?

Thoughts anyone?

Why did you not ask about the auto issues on the forum mate? I know you PMed me but ive been working 48 hours this weekend so ive not had chance to reply.

The auto issue with a dyno is a long standing issue that really is not a problem with the supra. A supra in Manu mode with overdrive turned off will have no issues on a dyno. Paul is a great guy and very knowledgable. They will deffo ensure they look after your car.

Regards

Mike

Thanks Mike, thats great to know.

Thought emailing the guys direct who would be doing the dyno would be the best way of answering the question tbh, especially as this has come up in previous threads. Didn't know how much you knew them and how good they are.

Seeing that Paul came back with it IS an issue is confusing though, you have to admit. Just don't want it to be a wasted trip as well as money, especially as there are other auto's attending.