The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lpg

Abz

Nothing wrong with LPG, it's almost half the price of petrol for the same performance. I know someone running a 400bhp BMW M3 on the stuff. If you're doing a lot of miles the conversion might work out to be cost effective, but as has been posted earlier the benefits for congestion charge exemption in London soon appear to be over. So I'll be offloading my LPG Astra soon, any takers?

I've often thought about getting an LPG converted V8 (Rangey or similar) for the daily drive but I can see the tax eventually being piled onto LPG taking it up near petrol prices once enough people are using it, leaving me with an expensive to run car that I can't sell on easily.

Its been done in a supra before, i just dont like the idea of the tank in the boot, if there was a safer way like removing the old tank and replacing it under the car, then id consider it...

Yeah I think someone's Range Rover blew up on here from using LPG. I think possibly the exhaust had a collection of gas in which exploded.

That is probably completely wrong but I recall someone saying it a while ago.

Its been done in a supra before, i just dont like the idea of the tank in the boot, if there was a safer way like removing the old tank and replacing it under the car, then id consider it...

EvinX - I am aware it has been done on a Supra before but was wondering generally why LPG never took really took off.

Oh lol, im guessing its becuase of the saftey reasons? thats why i wouldnt do it

I thought that too, but is it not the same risk has having a tank full of petrol.

From what it looks like the main reason seems to be due to the cost of the initial setup.