just fitted gt28 twin turbos

fullthrottle

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any examples? I can't think of much that would make any difference to be honest :)

Pretty much every build thread i've ever read. Even guys going for moderately low power ie Matt Wallis, the costs seem to be pretty high. Seems all this guy has spent so far is 2k on the turbos, and just needs bigger injectors.

edit: and the scyvecs of course, forgot about that.

Pretty much every build thread i've ever read. Even guys going for moderately low power ie Matt Wallis, the costs seem to be pretty high. Seems all this guy has spent so far is 2k on the turbos, and just needs bigger injectors.

He has a Syvecs ecu, mapping and dyno charges, he is also going bigger injectors, everything a small single needs.

edit: and the scyvecs of course, forgot about that.

Lol

Ok.....

$3k in the US will work out not a kick in the shirt off of £3k by the time you factor in shipping and taxes. £3k would get you a single kit including everything required to fit the turbo onto a stock car.

Everything else required to get 500+HP will be exactly the same. Fueling upgrades, ECU upgrades, Clutch Upgrades, Cooling Upgrades, Exhaust Upgrades etc etc etc etc etc.

Bolting on a turbo/turbos is the easy part :D

Lol

Ok.....

$3k in the US will work out not a kick in the shirt off of £3k by the time you factor in shipping and taxes. £3k would get you a single kit including everything required to fit the turbo onto a stock car.

Everything else required to get 500+HP will be exactly the same. Fueling upgrades, ECU upgrades, Clutch Upgrades, Cooling Upgrades, Exhaust Upgrades etc etc etc etc etc.

Bolting on a turbo/turbos is the easy part :D

Thankyou, that was what i was asking Jamie in my original post. So this has no real benefits over a small single then. Got there in the end :)

it wasn't so much of a cost thing but really wanting to keep with the original configuration if i added it up then i guess i am probably in it for 5 grand easy when you add up the the turbo kit, ecu, exhaust, intercooler, bov, i have already bought the injectors and fuel pump they just didn't arrive in time for ryan,

i bought a bosch 044 pump and sard 650cc injectors then i will get water injection this week and install it in january ready for ryan then we will see what we can push it too but we should go past 500bhp

I must admit also when Andres said to me about this kit i thought it was just another set of hybrids but these are certainly different. They use the standard compressor and exhaust housings but have been seriously machined out to fit the gt28 cores and they are definatly water cooled as new water pipes have to be installed.

They spool so quick so would say they are almost sure to be DBB. Only thing i worry with the kit is the exhaust temps and exhaust pressures as the standard exhaust housings and manifolds are restrictive and on other cars running over 1.2bar i have seen over 950c on the egts. So have suggested to andres to fit a WI kit and maybe to go with some 800cc injectors and running E85 if it is available where he lives in europe. The exhaust temps with E85 drop by about 20% so would be a good route to go with big boost.

Ryan

Hi,have you gone for the US (UK) specs as per Jamies link or these? https://www.speedforsale.com/supraparts/speed-for-sale-bnr-jdm-gt28-style-hybrid-stock-twin-turbo-upgrade-p-635.html?osCsid=1g44tnn0m0itj33o0lj8qejho1 If the former did you buy some s/h UKs to return?

Edit, Ignore me - just seen his car is a UK model!

Edited by Tee from China
jumped the gun (see edit history)

Looking at that graph I'd say

1) get some cams in there to liven it up after 5500rpm :) Also, a nice 264 or thereabouts exhaust cam should help EGTs with those housings.

2) The torque dip is probably the prespool for the second turbo - if you are running higher than stock boost on the first turbo, you might want to put a restriction or bleed valve in the EGBV system so stop it venting so much boost when prespooling the second turbo.

That's quite an impressive dyno for sequential twins :sly:

-Ian