The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre Sealant from Tyre Protect?

BaNe

Hi Everyone,

Bit of an odd one for my first post, but has anyone heard of this product tried searching the forum and online but not coming up with much, just wondered if anybody used it and if its any good, as i dont have a spacer wheel so the idea of filling my tyres with gel appeals to me!

http://www.tyreprotect.co.uk/puncture_prevention_products.html

Thats what i was thinking but they seem to say it would be all good, almost sounds too good to be true to be honest, checked on ebay there something similar on there but its for trucks.

What they say is outlined below.

Puncture Safe Heavy Duty

For High Speed Use - Motor Cars, Trailers, Motorbikes, Caravans etc

Designed specifically to meet the demands of modern motoring, Puncture Safe should not be confused with other products on the Market. This is NOT a get you home product. It is a liquid formulation installed inside the tyre which will PREVENT you from getting a flat tyre.

Further to this it increases a tyres natural life span by decreasing wear normally caused by under inflation and/or overheating.

- Puncture Safe will, provided no casing or dangerous structural damage occurs, permanently seal punctures caused by objects up to 6mm in diameter

- The seal is guaranteed for the legal life of the tyre.

- Puncture Safe will leave a telltale mark to show where a puncture has occurred

- Perfect air retention state means that your tyres will deflate naturally over a significantly increased time.

- This product does not void the manufacturers warranty.

- Provides peace of mind

- Puncture Safe's properties, performance and ability does not diminish with time, speed or distance.

Puncture Safe is a concentrated liquid gel which is installed extremely easily through the valve in your tyre. It completely coats the inside of the tyre providing a barrier which maintains your tyre pressures (this makes them last longer and gives greater fuel efficiency), stops leaks and punctures and will control most blowouts.

Remember if you use this you could be driving around with a popssible punctured tyre and not even know!

Not good for your spirited drives, imho you would be better just getting a spare wheel(space saver).

All sealents are really only a temp fix..runflat tyres maybe your other choice if you can afford it?

I keep a can of Tyre Weld in the car "just in case" ... I've not had cause to use it before, but I'm sure that one day I'll end up on the hard shoulder of the M1 in the middle of the night, caught in a thunderstorm, with a punctured tyre, and may want to give it a go :-)

I assume that for the temporary stuff (as opposed to the permenant stuff that effectively turns your tyre into a runflat) that the tyre fitter you end up at will have some fun scraping foam goo off the inside of your rims once you've used it, though.

• 4 weeks later...