The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drivetrain noise after TRD tranny mount

jevansio

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a TRD mount on my car, with the TRD Single plate clutch and pressure plate and OEM flywheel.

I changed them together, except the flywheel which I retained the original item.

There is some rattles that the car has, it did seem to be louder after the install of the clutch and mounts.

I always assumed it to be the flywheel as it is the orginal item from the car....

I am planning to go with the Exedy Carbon D in the future so I just left it as is.. I hope its not a problem?

I have the TRD mount on my stock flywheel and it is a hell of a lot louder. I got mine at a discount from Mr Whiffin (sees images of people falling over at the thought of this) due to another person having it their car for a week or two and then going back to stock mount, due to the noise.

I like the extra noise as it is more in keeping with my track day spec.

Hope that helps clear it up?