The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Would a GT4 be a step down?

The Raven

your not wrong there chris, when we had to fit the clutch ow what a joy that was, heres a list of everything we took off:- the exhaust, the props, the front sump guard, the front roll bar thing, the drive shafts, the engine had to be loosened and tilted, the transfer box, the diff, the gearbox and hey presto, 4.5 hours after starting and using a damn ramp we got to the clutch!

only the engine work is a nightmare lol

Thats a job I definitely didn't enjoy on my ST205 either. I just dropped the engine and box out the bottom and split them though.

Amusingly the clutch lunched itself later whilst I was away from home. A local garage looked in their book and quoted me £200 + parts to change it. I bit their arm off, they did it and to be fair to them they honoured the quote despite it taking them a lot longer than they thought it would ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a job I definitely didn't enjoy on my ST205 either. I just dropped the engine and box out the bottom and split them though.

Amusingly the clutch lunched itself later whilst I was away from home. A local garage looked in their book and quoted me £200 + parts to change it. I bit their arm off, they did it and to be fair to them they honoured the quote despite it taking them a lot longer than they thought it would ;)

ahahaha! same here with the garage i was working in. he quoted me £120 and then when it was up and they saw the 4wd maze the guy whos my friend just stood and swore. i gave him £150 at the end even though me and my friend helped a lot!

I remember people getting go-away quotes from Toyota of over £1k for a clutch change!

I don't understand the problem someone else mentioned earlier with the cambelt; it's a relatively quick job :)

to change the clutch dude you need to literally take apart all the mechanics of the car. easiest way to do is to pull the entire engine and running gear out! trust me its a bloody pig!