The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Life Racing / Syvecs

Guest MarkC

I take your point jamie but like said why risk this?

I may be a bit of a geek (handsome one at that) when it comes to this sort of thing but voltage ,resistance,ohms,ecus is my thing.

You may say yours is ok but what you cant see is ryans battery adder table to see what sort of voltage correction level he is using??

Your car is mental mate and in putting a patch loom in it you have just introduced another 34 odd ways for the car to go wrong ...

Im not being a pompus prick but mearly trying to share my findings over my endless years fighting with cars for power lol

You have to stop somewhere Luke or the spending just goes on and on, If i had ever had any problems with the car i would consider it, but as ive not, i wont;)

I have total faith in Ryans work, the car has always been perfect and took a serious amount of my abuse, i have no reason to be concerned or spend money on something i feel would be better spent elsewhere.

You have to stop somewhere Luke or the spending just goes on and on, If i had ever had any problems with the car i would consider it, but as ive not, i wont;)

I have total faith in Ryans work, the car has always been perfect and took a serious amount of my abuse.

Abuse from Jamie, nah never, ive heard you just pussy around !!!!!;)

Very good read, and perfectly true, as i stated in one of my earlier posts all the boards are the same.

There are a couple of things that confused me about mark c 's post but ill call life in the morning before raising a question.

Ps. dudes car is on the full f88 so we have sequential spark and 12 injector fueling.....As i stated before with cars as special as jamie p's and dudes etc out there WHY in gods name leave the std car loom to chance and introduce another problem point with a patch loom ..???

Ill speak with life in the moring and re post .. regards luke

Luke,

Sorry to go offtopic

Where you say you have been dealings with life ecus for 4 years can i ask where that was through as no one at Life seems to have heard of you?

Also Pat does not work for Life. He works for Syvecs with myself and Charlie.

Ryan

JP there is a S8 syvecs isn't there???? Ryan was saying this was the equivalent to the R88 but i think the S8 is plug and play, this all gets very confusing.

Syvecs S8 in a nut shell is a F88 but with a few differences on the firmware and software in the boost strategy.

Luke,

Sorry to go offtopic

Where you say you have been dealings with life ecus for 4 years can i ask where that was through as no one at Life seems to have heard of you?

Also Pat does not work for Life. He works for Syvecs with myself and Charlie.

Ryan

Harness enginering " spotter" now do your home work lol . im on the phone to aer now :p

I also found the software a bit DOS. Although it didn't take to long to find my way around the basics but it would take me a lot longer to become completely confident with it (I certainly wasn't on Fearless's V8 Turbo). That said, I still think it would be my ECU of choice.

I could do with INFO for the PI and Pectel RS232 data packets. The STACK one is a bit limited in it's content (a custom one where the calibration engineer can set the contect of the RS232 data pipe and being able to TX back to the ecu to control some core functions like cal selection,traction setting, ALS and boost control would be a bonus. ;) At the moment I'm having to use variable 5v voltages sent to the inputs and these inputs could be used for something else.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

• 5 years later...