The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fastest supra drag car in the world?

Branners

Massive congratulations to Leon (if he's reading). He's been chipping away for a long time and deserves all the success. I'm sure there's more to come yet.:thumbs:

There's some pictures of his set up in this thread: HERE

Wow, everything under the bonnet looks twice the size as normal :D

Wow.. that thing looks very very impressive!

As to the original question, I believe there are a few faster/quicker drag cars - the Titan Scion comes to mind (yes, I know it's not a "Supra" but let's face it - it's only a fibreglass shell changed away) for running 6s.

Wow, congrats Leon! That's bloody impressive.

Vinny Ten did a 7.3 at 191 mph...

Years ago too, crazy that people are only just catching up with that (or beating it in Leon's case :D)

Is this what happened to the infamous golden paper weight? If so it looks like he's finally managed to get it to come good.

I remember about 6 or 7 years ago he told me that he'd sunk over £100k into it! :shock:

The Golden Paperweight was a different car.

You have to define what a supra is, in my book the fastest supra is exactly that, a supra, ie full toyota floorpan non tubbed with a steel body, doors etc can be glass. Leons car is a work of art and I would build the same in a heartbeat if I could warrant the money, but that amount of money just to run it 5 or 6 times a year in the HKS series no way, for about the same you could run a Pro Mod all around europe even in the states. Cars built on tube frames could have any body fitted relatively easily, you could take a mold off a DB9 and drop it on that frame, does that make it an Aston no, its a race car full stop. the engineering and attention to detail is amazing in Leons car and Leon is top fella but I still would say the Titan car is the fastest 'real' supra in the world in the 7's and driven on the road, SW's 6 spd is a close second and Ryan Woon's 6 spd, all running high 7's non tubbed on stock diffs.

I would have far more respect for a car like JP's that will run 9's and gets driven everywhere (comfortably and easily) than even a car like mine which OK hopefully will run deep in the 9's maybe even 8's but is noisey uncomfortable and does not handle as well as it could, it suits me though because I would lose my licence in Jamies straight away so best mine stays on the track 90% of the time

Got a good look at the car today. It is a supra shell running a tubular front end and mostly Supra from the A panel in the engine bay back. The rear quarters and roof are still original metal, the bumpers and spoiler are also stock items. It also has stock j-spec headlamps, rear lamps, glass windscreen and glass side windows.

So its not a tube based chasis with a fibreglass body on it, it is a Supra with some fibreglass body parts. Fully tubbed out and rollcaged to meet regs.

Engine is a bored out unit running 3.1litres.

About as close to a Supra as you can get and still run those sorts of times. It will have a new BIGGER turbo for next year along with some other mods. Each year it will get further and further away from being a Supra but to me it has a Supra shell and Supra engine which makes it a supra.

Got a good look at the car today. It is a supra shell running a tubular front end and mostly Supra from the A panel in the engine bay back. The rear quarters and roof are still original metal, the bumpers and spoiler are also stock items. It also has stock j-spec headlamps, rear lamps, glass windscreen and glass side windows.

So its not a tube based chasis with a fibreglass body on it, it is a Supra with some fibreglass body parts. Fully tubbed out and rollcaged to meet regs.

Engine is a bored out unit running 3.1litres.

About as close to a Supra as you can get and still run those sorts of times. It will have a new BIGGER turbo for next year along with some other mods. Each year it will get further and further away from being a Supra but to me it has a Supra shell and Supra engine which makes it a supra.

JB the car is on a full tube frame, you can take the body off and still drive it, there is no original floor, bulkhead etc, it runs methanol and a dry sump, not one wire is original and I'll bet the lights are just to keep the original look, like I said it is one gorgeous car but sorry it aint no supra no more, that one is sat in Leon's shop with no engine and box in it;) It is a tube frame race car wether the body is glass or metal makes no odds.