The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anybody done the r154 conversion on a tt.

Baz018

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has the same sort of design as the R154 box shifter extension from a soarer so I reckon it's do-able!

Me and my crazy technician had a look and wondered the other day and thought it could work.

I had a 154 and a W58 side by side and theres no way the remote shifter would work without lots of drilling, tapping and stuff.

Guest mr-steveo
Ive now got a 154 with a JZ bellhousing, what did you want measuring? Now got? Lol Im betraying my Norfolk roots...

Also Mr Steveo, when do you want the bits, where do we sends them and how do we pay?

Asap i can get cracking before christmas

And paypal is good

Cheers steveo

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/performance-and-maintenance/437244-sherns-w58-to-r154-swap-thread.html

In this thread they say that you can use the Front prop of an mk3 supra....

In the pics it shows to be just 1/10 of an inch diffrence in length ?

In that case you wouldn`t have to cut and reweld it to w58 front part right ? but just bolt them together with the rear w58 peice.

Also wonder how much you would need to cut in transmission tunnel to fit it without the shifter extension ? and no i dont need to fit the centre console as its a race car....

• 3 weeks later...

Right boys, we need to get this moving again, everyones had time to recover from their Christmas and New Year :D So hope you all had a good one ;)

Are all the 5 still in ?

I've tried to measure the distande from my R154 to the position of the stock shifter, but Im guessing the auto and manual tunnels are very different, so Im not really able to determin the exact distance, well I could determin a rough estimate for my position, but I wouldnt want anyone else to use that distance as your car will need to be esaxt.

Steve, now you have that other bellhousing could you get it on and measure it up ?

I was round Steves on Saturday collecting a gearbox :D , he's gonna borrow my JZ bell cos the ones he ordered havent pitched up and measure up from there, mine will be a quite a bit longer so Ill look at that later.

Ive met Stevo and he's happy to do the extensions so its just a matter of getting bits to him and fundz

I was round Steves on Saturday collecting a gearbox :D , he's gonna borrow my JZ bell cos the ones he ordered havent pitched up and measure up from there, mine will be a quite a bit longer so Ill look at that later.

Ive met Stevo and he's happy to do the extensions so its just a matter of getting bits to him and fundz

YEs mate, he's cool, but he wants the first 5 done, so you are now out ?

• 5 weeks later...

Got a feeling I'm going to miss out on this group buy and end up paying full wack. Im awaiting my V8 bellhousing. I dont know how long it is, nor how much further back the 1uz sits to a 2jz. Hence, I dont know where the f'in shifter will end up - probably in the boot knowing my luck!

How much time do we have left chaps?

• 3 weeks later...