The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anybody done the r154 conversion on a tt.

Baz018

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Right, at long fucking last lol, here is a pic of the shifter extension.

As long as you are all happy, then you can start to make payments and start sending your bits through to Steve.

I shall get as comprehensive list as I can for you, the more idiot guide I can make the easier it'll be Im sure, like remove these bolts here and then remove this bit etc....

Everyone happy ?

Please all confirm you are good for this and this can finally go ahead....

good work fella, is that long enough?

He will make it to whatever length you want mate, you'll need to measure the distance and let him know.

Count me in, have we got a final price? :)

Final price has been said earlier mate, £120 wasn't it....

We'll need that extending also won't we? Do you know how to get it off without taking the box apart also? :)

Next stage mate once everyone has confirmed they are happy to go will be to get a guide written up on what you need to do, the gearbox will have to come out of the car, but you won't be splitting the gearbox itself, he's already talked mr through the process and you have to remove a back plate or something, the yoke (sp ?) and an ally block out of the top of the gearbox or something. But bare with me and I'll get some idiot guide instructions for us all to use cause I'll need them myself lol ;)

Have you got a picture of where this lines up in relation to the tunnel? I've got a 154 box from a chaser thats in the right place with my v8 on the front, and for my prop ive used the auto with the 1jz u/j on the end.

for those of us that are using a 2j/1j tt engine and the r154 box in our supras. Exactly what length do we need ?? if no one knows this is gonna be tricky. I know it need to be the length of the later soarer shifter unit but does anyone have one ?? its going to be a waste of cash if we all get the wrong length :(

From threads I've seen it looks like the hole where the gear lever goes, that should sit directly above the prop's entry to the box! So around 2.5-3 inch? I wouldn't like to go just by that though preferably I'd like to offer a box up to the car and get measurements.

Has anyone got a 154 on a 2j currently that can measure a measurement, obviously I have but if we could get a couple of measurements together then that would give us a good indication of how different all our legths are measuring out......

Time to measure your lengths boys and compare :D

I'll measure mine when Im next out on the Supra and report back ;)

Hmmmm yeah, I gave all my debit card details to Rich and he said he had taking the payment and was gonna send it out, I did email him back but sometimes its like a disappears for a week or so...I'll chase him up again, I've been expecting it for a while, I know customs can sometimes hold things up, so will see what the crack is mate ;)

Guest mr-steveo

hi im steve and i do the shifter extentions.

here is a guide to remove the parts needed!

fig 2 image

fig 1 image

1 - remove gear leaver with 4 10mm hex bolts and pull out

2 - remove 6 outer bolts for the shifter housing and pull away

3 - remove 12mm bolt in fig 1 so that the yoke slides up and down

4 - undo and remove all 14mm bolts in fig 2 and using a prybar or screwdriver prise the cases apart enough so that u can slide the yoke off in fig one

its not to hard if people get two stuck i can take photo's of the process! thanks steve

Guest mr-steveo

as for the measurements for length!

the bottom ends are all the same casting!

1jz

2jz n/a

2jz tt

so whatever measurement ash needs will be the same as all the others!