The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Storm

dude

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any updates mate?

Cars at the bodyshop, i will pop up when I can walk properly again:search: Just sorting the engine spec now and ecu, when it comes back a lot will happen quite quickly, when we open the motor to check on the internals I will get plenty of pics.

• 4 weeks later...
John, I will popping over to the body shop on Monday. If you like I will grab some pictures, send them to you and you can then post them at you discretion? No hassle and saves you injuring yourself trying to get there.

Thanks Matt, we went and picked up the offending arches and packed em and they have been picked up by the supplier, Jay is going to put everyhting im primer except the rear wings and i think we will now go for genuine arches from MVP.

Thanks Matt, we went and picked up the offending arches and packed em and they have been picked up by the supplier, Jay is going to put everyhting im primer except the rear wings and i think we will now go for genuine arches from MVP.

No problem mate. Yeah was down there a few weeks back and we had a play to see what could be done with them. Less than ideal. We even put them up to my car, which as you know has a genuine VS kit. There was no way they were going to fit!! Genuine all the way. They will look very nice once installed and will stop Jay having a heart attack over making them fit ;)

This is going to be a very nice car once done.

Just emailed the supplier, once refunded i will be ordering from MVP and getting them directly sent to you dude. I will also take the skirts you have if thats ok?

No probs dude, I can see Jay's point they are pretty trashed and although he can repair them there is a much greater chance of them cracking in the future and with the type of paint we are using blow ins etc are tricky, on a lesser project we would prob take a chance but I know what you are hoping for.

Ive told Jay to cut as much arch away as poss JP, how much extra did your Nur wings add ????

My Nur rear wings are about 65mm wider each side but them wheels did sit about 15mm in on mine.

Fronts depends if you machine a litte off the back like i did on mine, id test fit them, you might need to roll/pull the front arch before you cut and fit the veilside fenders, maybe even space the front fenders out a tad.

Got the following email off MVP

Hi sir,

Long story very short: Veilside is out of business. This all happened in the last month. Its not really public yet, and someone “MAY” buy it and open it back up. No way to know…

But as of today, I can not get you anything genuine Veilside, I’m sorry.

Kind regards,

Dusty

Luckily i was able to source some off a member on here!

• 4 weeks later...