The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new Supra project

j_jza80

Almost finished stage one of the audio system :)

New Clarion headunit in, New Phoenix Gold from speakers in on SRDs speaker mounts. The car came with the upgraded stock 'active audio' system, and i've left the rear speakers in place. All the speakers are powered from the headunit.

The sound is fantastic! The stock rear speakers provide plenty of bass, and the quality of them is suprisingly good! I'll get some pics up when it's all back together :)

I've also given my BBS wheels a good polishing today. When I bought them from Bignum, he mentioned giving them a once over with Autosol every so often, just to keep them looking nice. However, while in the local DIY shop earlier, I speid some 'Brasso Metal polish wadding' It makes the job much easier than Autosol or regular Brasso, as the wadding is already infused with the stuff :)

Rims before polish:

Rims after a quick once over:

Comparison:

And the product :) :

All Shiny :)

• 1 month later...

Well, she passed her MOT with flying colours the other day. It wasn't due for a month or so, but I decided to get it out of the way. I had an advisory for a track rod end, and I need a replacement anti roll bar.

I've just cleaned the 02 sensors as per this guide: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?152779-How-to-Clean-O2-sensors-in-NA

Its a straight forward job that only takes a few minutes of work, so well worth it for you NA owners. Big thanks to Konrad for the helpful guide :thumbs:

Next thing on the agenda is sorting some minor rust issues out. Got a small patch on both offside wheel arches and the top of the drivers pillar. I'm going to get the pillar one sorted professionally as it's visible, but I'm going to attack the arch ones myself in the near future.

This is the front arch:

The first pic is the from of the arch, the second is the rear.

This is the rear:

All fairly easily sorted, and invisible 'til you're up close. The paint match won't be 100% perfect, but it won't be visible unless you stick your head in the wheelarch, so I don't really mind.

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

And she's gone. I've just sold her to another forum member, who I know will take care of it and will take it to it's potential.

I think I'm going to give Supra ownership a miss for a year or two now, until I'm in a position where I can afford to run a good spec single comfortably, and not eat all my savings :)

I'm now looking at practical sports coupes in the £4-£6k region. I should get an estate, but getting something boring and practical can be an expensive mistake down the line!