Asap help timing belt supra tt

Super-Dr

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think i paid 150 for a cambelt on my last TT that price compared to a new engine price, just dont drive it at all until its changed. is there any stickers on the engine with any dates of change on?

no dates :(

i,m confused one saying its OK to drive , another saying don't drive ummm i,m going out of my mind here :/

that sounds interesting thanks

any chance of a picture of the belt would be great to see it would be appreciated

pic one shows its a new belt :)

pic two shows the smooth to slice/gap change just like your belt.

pic three shows its extensive! (The side of mine has more with a gap than a completely smooth rubber)

cambelt1.jpg

cambelt2.jpg

cambelt3.jpg

Hello guys Girls

bought my Supra TT 4 weeks ago was told the timing belt was last change @ 70 Miles its now done only 94k miles

anyway just doing an inspection to all belts and did notice the timing belt looks scary wtf i said this shouldn't be like this if changed at 70k miles i am i have ordered a new one and going to change asap just wanted your thoughts IE: should i drive Supra to collect timing belt from dealer or just get the bus

thanks all

Andy

There's probably thousands more miles left in that, so long as no teeth are missing or partly missing. No way would I be getting the bus :)

i have just been informed by a very helpful member ; )

Quote~Unless you have 280 or larger cams, which are really full race , all 2JZ engines are non interferance.

So basically, the engines aren't developing anything like their potential airflow but are somewhat idiot-proof, so to speak! :D

I'd rather live dangerously, so Brian Crower, here I come!

:eyebrows:

If it breaks your stuck by the side of the rd waiting for a recovery truck, let alone the danger of suddenly losing power which if your on a busy rd or motorway could be quite dangerous.

If my cam belt was like this i personally would rather get the belt in my second car or have the dealer post me the parts.

parts have arrived thanks all for the advice appreciated

Be sure to atleast watch the video series below and also get yourself an engine repair manual if you haven't already, either from Toyota or on cd or download on eBay, as these give step by step instructions.

Good luck with install. ;)

Edited by Morpheus (see edit history)

So basically, the engines aren't developing anything like their potential airflow but are somewhat idiot-proof, so to speak! :D

I'd rather live dangerously, so Brian Crower, here I come!

:eyebrows:

Not at all, most if not all engines designed to be sold in the us are non interferance, 280 cams are far too much for the street, id go for 264's which are still non interferance;)

Buying cams for a DOHC engine from a country where anything newer than a push rod iron block V8 is generally viewed as slack jawed as a hydrogen fuel cell engine is definitely living dangerously ;)

Don't worry Chris, the build won't be for atleast another 2 years while I'm rebuilding the Typhoon engine.

Who would you recommend then? What manufacturer would get your Dollar, if not Brian Crower? My local transmission shop says they have a good reputation. :)