The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Brake Setup - Knocking noise from Brakes

Geo

27 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I did, all US based supplier.  I have asked Paul from TCB performance if he could source these.  Thanks

I get uk sellers when i searched the part number 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262825958886

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265741104786?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&customid=CjwKCAjw__ihBhADEiwAXEazJswSx31D8nrbNRE9q6ntwj7JU_pijrCc3rXrUIQuXzo9bVcQztR3choC4vMQAvD_BwE

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

What a useful resource this forum, got mine rattling brake sorted with the kit as well… 

For anyone interested in inflation figure, cost was £21 in 2011 and £39 now.

still worth the money though, I could not drive with that constant knocking noise.

Thanks for your help !

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
19 hours ago, Tommyg_5 said:

Bringing up an oldish post buy how big was the clonking? Got a feeling my brakes are doing the same. But they are NA brakes. 

Also if the kit for TT brakes ? Or will it work with NA ones ?

Completely different calipers if you have the sliding carrier type like these in the photo, think only the mounting holes are the same so you can fit the 4 piston calipers but need to modify the backing plate  

47730-14280_1.jpg

• Like 1

You also need the UK 4 pot brake discs, too.

Toyota and probably others do the pad anti rattle clips for the 2 pot calipers, but personally I like pads to move about as it reduces the chance of them seizing up. The slider holes in the caliper rackets may be won, that can cause a knock, check the slider pins have their anti rattle square section o RINGS ON THEM STILL.

• Like 1