The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kinda interesting how many supra owners don't know about this club..

supra_aero

The thing I find funny is when people as what the sticker is in my quarter-light. I always assumed it was a case of self explanatory, but obviously not. On a couple of occasions now I have said its a ford owners club, and then had to explain that I was joking :blink:

It's nice to see a supra with the owners club sticker. I always ponder whos cae it is. Rarely do I see them on a supra to be honest.

And I honestly believe the owners club sticker being on the car was one of the reasons my car escaped being vandalised living in the not so safe areas of East London at one point for over a year.

Edited by supra_aero
spelling! (see edit history)

It's nice to see a supra with the owners club sticker. I always ponder whos care it is. Rarely do I see them on a supra to be honest.

And I honestly believe the owners club sticker being on the car was one of the reasons my car escaped being vandalised living in the not so safe areas of East London at one point for over a year.

Do explain, as I have a notion that people respect the vehicle more when in a club, or just scared sh**less that they will get a horde of members hunting them down lol.:hunter:

Even people that haven't heard of this place, have heard of Matt_H.

They've heard of Matt_H :)

I know the rest of us can read your posts, but I can't help but think of you being locked in a small cupboard just talking to yourself. :D

I think the Supra sticker is a little too large for the rear quarter light. I'd stick one on if it fitted better, and went with the lines of that area better. :)

I joined after i bought mine. as mentioned earlier, there's always a internet "buddy club" on almost everything lol I was member of GTR owners club & scooby owners club so i thought "hey, join a supra one, so when your car DOES break you'll have some genious's that might help ya out" :) And i was right lol

Do explain, as I have a notion that people respect the vehicle more when in a club, or just scared sh**less that they will get a horde of members hunting them down lol.:hunter:

Could be that mentality ;)

I love the supra owners club sticker. Makes me feel like I am in a special clan or club. And it looks good too ;)

My dad recommended i join when i was looking at a supra or a rx7 because "its quite well known and one of the best... apparently". He has never been a member or an owners club or anything like that. lol. Now he is on quite a few. including a caravan owners forum :S

Guest Suprastar2009

I joined up soon after getting the Supra, floated around for a couple of months then realised it was amazing and gladly paid my £10 :D Its a great club and I wear my sticker with pride.

As I'm an aerotop owner, I was thinking of getting a Supra.net gold medallion and false chest wig to wear on the topless days of summer. I would wear that with pride, I know that. :)

... but I can't help but think of you being locked in a small cupboard just talking to yourself. :D

:innocent:

I would say possibly half of my Supra owning customers aren't in the club, some are not interested (age, location, perception, dunno why, some are just not interested...), I ask if they would like details, if they say no I leave it, if they waver I give them the web site address and leave it to them to have a look see if it interests them.

There are a lot of Supra's around my local area and I'd say that at least half those I've randomly walked up to over the past few years aren't aware of any owners club. Most are interested after explaining about it, but have seen very few actually sign up.

It's been mentioned by a few earlier, but a lot of folks are either simply not interested, have bad experience of owners clubs, are not Interweb savvy or just can't be bothered. I've always held the perception that this club represents a slight minority of the Supra owners in the UK rather than a majority.

People may be surprised just how many over 50 owners I have have as customers, some have owned their MKIV for years and pamper it. Some have bought them because their wives like them, or indeed, FOR their wives, some spend a LOT of money making them go fast but still look bone stock, outwardly. One customer is a relative of the famous former F1 chief medical officer, Sid Watkins, and has some other very nice toys and drives his MKIV in a way that would open the eyes of some youngsters on here :) It also has a very cool number plate....