The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just got moaned at...

Attero

The best thing about having an argument with elderly people is the fact that you can call them a "fossil" during the exchange.

Don't worry about being disrespectful as they won't remember the conversation anyway......:D

In reality, this woman who was going to speak to Attero was probably going to gloat about having an orange Lambo.....:cool:;)

H.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My girlfriend and I were cruising the Isle of Wight in my car over the weekend, and we didn't get moaned at. I just kept to the speed limits and efficiently over took if appropriate. Most people loved the car.

Saw a green one around Ventnor too.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=222119

Wasn't you was it? :)

You were just lucky then really. You can speak to most people from here and they will have same argument.

Hey, yes that was me.

We were frantically looking for a dog friendly B&B on the island, as we were due to stay overnight, but had to come back on a late ferry instead.

We tried again just this last weekend, and booked in advance into a nice place in Shanklin Old Town.

Will be coming back again soon, I'd thought, so any suggestions of cheap places to stay that take dogs, would be greatly received! :)

Lol Attero you are missing the point you lumpy. Go back to the page, check the highlighted sentence and you should understand the point made lol.

Yeah I saw that, and I explained. I didn't miss any point being made.

I interpreted it like this:

"It doesn't make sense why an old woman should moan at someone with a high performance car".

I explained that it was "what the old people just tend to do here especially this woman who was notorious for this kind of behaviour".

It then carried on to make me feel like I was in the wrong at some stage and that I have disrespect for old people, which isn't the case at all. I just don't like being shouted at for the car I'm driving.

Basically, an old woman crossing the traffic lights decides to start shouting at me. She must have assumed I was speeding due to my brake pads squealing a lot. Either that or she thought my car was simply innapropriate.

As she came up to window, I give her some noise and slowly drive away. She didn't look pleased in the slightest.

All day you get cheerful people shouting (good things) to you in your car, and then some old bat ruins it by shouting at you for no reason.

Don't let it bother you, she's old and will be dead soon anyway ;)

They have to earn your respect? Are you being serious?

What do you think this is; Grand Theft Auto?

Does the little old lady have to go an obtain a packet of hobnobs from Big Smoke down at the local Spar?

In essence I will not sit there and be "moaned at" by an old person just because they are old..... I would treat it in the same manner as a middled age person coming up to me and moaning. I'm not violent so I wouldn't be hitting anyone (even chavs) but I wou;dn't sit there and put up with it if I haven't done anything wrong... That's all

Simplicity was my aim. :)

Basically, an old woman crossing the traffic lights decides to start shouting at me. She must have assumed I was speeding due to my brake pads squealing a lot. Either that or she thought my car was simply innapropriate.

As she came up to window, I give her some noise and slowly drive away. She didn't look pleased in the slightest.

All day you get cheerful people shouting (good things) to you in your car, and then some old bat ruins it by shouting at you for no reason.

Just think, if you had a TT you could've done her a personal burnout, but giving her some lip instead was equally acceptable, of course. ;)

I would've liked to have found out why the car was inappropriate. It's not as thought you have to drive at 100mph everywhere. And being in an NA, I suppose you'd dream of those kind of speeds too. :D

I must have done 25mph before releasing the woman wanting to cross the traffic lights, before applying pressure to the brakes slowly (as it was a slight distance). She must have thought the squealing from my brake pads were aggressive. :)

And yeah, I can only dream of speeds of over 70mph.... :D

Lol Attero you are missing the point you lumpy. Go back to the page, check the highlighted sentence and you should understand the point made lol.

I misread that and thought you were calling Axle a lumpy!

I thought it was a excellent dig for a bodybuilder :D

What is a lumpy?

know the feeling mate, my w*nker boss is trying to ban me from bringing the Supra onto company property as he said that "its noise was excessive" :(

he is a complete c**t anyway and would love an excuse to knock him out, so im just waiting for him to say something about my car to my face (rather than phoning my line manager, who phoned my supervisor who told me lol)

car racists are everywhere, at the end of the day i put it down to jealousy...

they all need to finish sipping their "Hater-ade" and get to stepping ;)

know the feeling mate, my w*nker boss is trying to ban me from bringing the Supra onto company property as he said that "its noise was excessive" :(

he is a complete c**t anyway and would love an excuse to knock him out, so im just waiting for him to say something about my car to my face (rather than phoning my line manager, who phoned my supervisor who told me lol)

car racists are everywhere, at the end of the day i put it down to jealousy...

they all need to finish sipping their "Hater-ade" and get to stepping ;)

Mate. You need to calm down, have a Lemsip and a wank and think of the finer things in life.....;)

Anger and hate will push you towards the dark side.

H.