The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rev limiter + boost + misfire = oil?

Guest Supra-T

Guest Supra-T
Yours just did!

What more do you want?

:D

BTW, do you have a relocated oil filter? Maybe one of the connections is slightly loose? Maybe even the filter if it's stock location? According to my oil pressure gauge it gets up to 80+ psi, which will surely find any weaknesses in the system. According to motinfo.gov.uk mine's had an oil leak for five years!

I'll never buy another car without checking it first on there. Will rebuild it soon anyway.

Maybe the oil on the road was someone else's and/or your performance issue was just from temporary overheating? Perhaps you had some serious timing retardation from knocking/detonation for a while. If the turbo was that hot, the cylinder head would be likely to cause knocking if not clean or prepared/coated to avoid it and the ECU will basically shut down the timing advance to protect the engine. Sure there's any coolant in the rad?

Might also help to retard the exhaust timing slightly, (if adjustable), to lessen the unburnt fuel overheating the turbo and making it glow. Give it more of a chance to fully burn before the valve opens.

I didn't understand a thing you said there apart from the coolant part and yes, it's full! Lol hopefully dude has figured out what that morse code means and I'm sure he'll find some sort of solution tomorrow!!

There will be tears before bedtime

What? :blink:

There will be bears before ted time? Super! :D

You lot need to calm down with the herbs :p

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't understand a thing you said there apart from the coolant part and yes, it's full! Lol hopefully dude has figured out what that morse code means and I'm sure he'll find some sort of solution tomorrow!!

What? :blink:

You lot need to calm down with the herbs :p

I think Dude was about to get his popcorn out. ;)

Blimey, I sound like one of you guys! Except smarter, I mean, obviously! :D

Guest Supra-T
I think Dude was about to get his popcorn out. ;)

Blimey, I sound like one of you guys! Except smarter, I mean, obviously! :D

:rolleyes:

Guest Supra-T

It's actually running suprisingly fine with no oil leaks whatsoever!! :blink:

I think my car has a ghost living in it or something spooky!!

Oh p1ss off! Lol

So you took off the P1 Stainless Steel hose and it was ok? Good, sounds like the engine is running well now.

Do look into that turbo cooling problem though, as you should be able to get away with 'spirited driving' without issues like oil leaks.

The unusual heat and oil pressure probably softened the seals enough to let some escape from somewhere, that's all.

Did you recently have an Fcon fitted? Is the stock ECU and SAFC II gone now? Why didn't you go with the syvecs?

The car had clearly been running extremely rich for a long period of time when I last saw it, so there is potential for other issues creeping in

Also there were a few oil leaks, I know you sorted the FCS, but there was also a leak from the turbo oil feed and a small one from the drain. If you're bouncing off the limiter and getting that turbo red hot the oil from there will start to burn.

Did you recently have an Fcon fitted? Is the stock ECU and SAFC II gone now? Why didn't you go with the syvecs?

The car had clearly been running extremely rich for a long period of time when I last saw it, so there is potential for other issues creeping in

Also there were a few oil leaks, I know you sorted the FCS, but there was also a leak from the turbo oil feed and a small one from the drain. If you're bouncing off the limiter and getting that turbo red hot the oil from there will start to burn.

Well said, it could be badly coked up from running rich and knocking at high temps. All makes sense. Right, strip her down, let's have a look inside! :D

Oh no, Darryl please tell me your joking!! :,(

No jokes in technical, but can you clarify the ECU you have now as it was a bit unclear. I doubt it's any major issue, but as mentioned, due to the spec and a few service issues it'd be a good idea to get the car completely looked over before driving it hard.

Who's Darrel?

Darryl = me ;)

Guest Supra-T

I've got an fcon ATM mate, the safc is still in there but not hooked up to anything!

I got the fcon because it's been around longer than the solaris and has been proven to be very reliable! :)

I've got an fcon ATM mate, the safc is still in there but not hooked up to anything!

I got the fcon because it's been around longer than the solaris and has been proven to be very reliable! :)

This is getting confusing now.

Who installed the FCON and mapped it? Who's sales patter did you fall for?

dude, honestly get the car to a professional and get the damn thing looked at for gods sake! you rather spend £500 at this point and get it fixed or you can keep trying to figure out and eventually cause damage in the £1000's! the car didn't look healthy man, it needs some serious TLC.

go down to LeeP hes the man i would trust my life on and trust me he will get to the bottom of it in no time!