The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aston DB5 Convertible record price

Chris Wilson

At the Goodwood Festival of Speed the upmarket auctioneers Bonhams drew a record £551,500 quid for an Aston Martin DB5 Vantage convertible. I had to read the auction report three times to take that in. Over half a million pounds for a sixties road car? Blimey, what recession.... ? My mother bought a 65 DB5 (none convertible) from a garage in Alderley Edge in 1971 for 1250 quid... Went well, wasn't rotten, but she found it heavy and too fast, so sold it for pretty much what she bought it for, in 1972 and bought a brand new Ford Cortina 2000 GXL 2 door for 1260 pounds. How prices have changed. She should have kept the Aston and left it me :) The Ford was scrapped in around `83

Perhaps bought by the same chap who bet £450,000 on Germany to beat Spain?

he should have listened to octopus Paul

(yes Octopus!!!) that animal had every outcome correct from every

match this world cup!!!

let us hope that he predicts that holland wins from spain:innocent:

I *HAD* one cool mum, she passed on a while back. She sure was a character, everyone still talks fondly of her antics. Not sure if Jap mass produced stuff will ever reach those heady heights, but obviously stuff like the Toyota 2000 GT and suchlike made in small numbers will escalate.