Head and block differences

RobD

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the top o my head you'll need:

gte pistons

gte head ( with valves springs cams etc)

inlet Mani and plenum plus TB

turbos and manifold

NA block to be drilled out for oil feed for the turbo ( Dude said an oil feed could

be taken from elsewhere though!) and drilling for oil squirters(optional)

Oil squirters ( but getting thee impression thy might not be needed!)

Optional for the piston coating but advised if your not using oil squirters!)

injectors and rail

most ancillaries from the NA should swap over bar the PAS pump and reservoir

misc pipes etc!

Most of that list will be quite cheap to get! Most expensive will be the turbos , head, and block work I'd imagine!

This will only work out cheap if your planning on doing the work yourself bar the block work and piston coating I would've thought! :)

I'm keen to do it this way aswell so I know the condition of the engine internally and I can add new shells seals etc as I go! :)

How much are a set of 6 new squirters?

I'll be getting a price from work today! If there really expensive and the block work needed to fit them is high, I'll coat the pistons and see how that goes!

As Dr Jekyll said there's a few high bhp supra's in the states running NA blocks with the squirters block so it's worth a go!

Perhaps with the shortage of engines of late this could be another option for people wanting to go TT, just need to source a head etc

The price for the squirters is 12.11 each, I've got to verify the part number first because the epc isn't very clear nor is the description! :(

Part number for the squirters is 15790-88401 and for the bolts it's 90110-06017 I think! Can some one see if these are right please? :)

I'll have a spare NA block when the TT engine goes in, I don't mind building you one mate! You'd have to wait until I put a good few 1000 miles on the engine going into mine first so I know it's running right with no problems though! :)

I'll have a spare NA block when the TT engine goes in, I don't mind building you one mate! You'd have to wait until I put a good few 1000 miles on the engine going into mine first so I know it's running right with no problems though! :)

Is the right answer:D

I await you results good luck mate

The price for the squirters is 12.11 each, I've got to verify the part number first because the epc isn't very clear nor is the description! :(

Part number for the squirters is 15790-88401 and for the bolts it's 90110-06017 I think! Can some one see if these are right please? :)

The bolts have a little spring loaded ball in them to act as one way pressure valves, I can see them being quite expensive. I know Volvo ones are, as I convert a few Volvo blocks to take squirters. If I get the time I may add them to a mint N/A block I have here, and add the turbo drain to the sump casting, and the pressure feeds.

I'll get in touch with Nic to see if the part numbers are ok, it was the only thing on EPC that resembled a squirter though!

Just out of interest how much would you charge to add the feeds and squirters onto a block?

I'll get in touch with Nic to see if the part numbers are ok, it was the only thing on EPC that resembled a squirter though!

Just out of interest how much would you charge to add the feeds and squirters onto a block?

I don't know until I have done a couple of blocks. I am very slow on a milling machine as I am not very experienced, so no doubt an "old hand" could do them quicker. If someone were to get a few blocks here at the same time I could probably do a better price by semi productionising the process :)

Spoke to LeeP yesterday about the oil pump, this needs swapping over aswell, it's around £100 odd from Toyota new, managed to pick a stock intercooler and pipework up yesterday for free.

Things I need now is a tt head, pas pump and reservoir, loom, throttle cable and throttle ecu and the block work and it's ready to be fitted together! :)