The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cost of paint job?

NOS

My old instructor Nissan micra was vinyl wraped and it was awful looking there was no shine to it and it always looked dull also you can't polish it then on a really warm day it will start to peel so my advise is stay away from the wrap

anywho there is some good painters in Ireland I can recomend loads up here in Belfast if you want to travel up here but you will spend big money for a good job

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 yr guarantee with the company i posted the link to, i doubt a normal paintjob on a daily driver would look like new after 5 yrs either but its each to there own and i guess like most things some places will do it better than others

Have to agree with that. One of the places I have spoken to use 3m wrap and offer 7 years. I had my red NA sprayed by a relative who does it for a living 3 years ago for £550. It wasnt a glass out job but looked great and I was pleased with the result. 3 years on though and you can see where it was masked around the seals wich will always be the case unless the glass comes out, imo.

Place went downhill after Victor left it seems

They ignored emails, never answered the phone, and the one time they did answer it, they never bothered to come back to me.

After using them twice before, I never bothered to go back

Got recommended to a local bodyshop in the end, who I can not fault in any way

I wouldn't use GVN, I have personally seen their work on a certain member's car and I was VERY less than impressed especially given the price. Runs, overspray and some less than brilliant work. For legal reasons, this is my opinoin, it isn't 3rd party information either as I HAVE personally seen the vehicle. I believe they have rectified a lot of it, but I'd still not be happy if I had paid for it.

as with most things you get what you pay for if you use established companies to wrap your car that give you lifetime warranty you cant really go wrong, the company i know has been wrapping Veyrons, SLR's etc for years and never had a bad review.

as with most things you get what you pay for if you use established companies to wrap your car that give you lifetime warranty you cant really go wrong, the company i know has been wrapping Veyrons, SLR's etc for years and never had a bad review.

Hello mate how you doing? just realised who you are!! Where are they based?

Leave it white and consider getting something decidedly "you" airbrushed onto the car.

For the same cost of a proper colour change whatever your imagination can conjure is possible.

That way should you grow tired of it the cost of returning it to stock white (which is a lovely colour itself) would be minimal due to the fact that engine bay and other hard to paint areas wouldn't need re-doing.

Just a thought.

Guess I'm wrong re the chrome thing, I did think there was an issue with reflections and other drivers.

I don't get it either gav. I am not normally a fan of stock supes but that one is truly beautiful and so easy to achieve with very little money. I don't understand Nos' thinking here.

That pic you put up as become one of my benchmark pics, and I think I may do something similar with one of the cars, just looks soooooo nice :)

The only other car that has REALLY appealed has been Ryan Woon's car.