The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hairline crack in turbo manifold

gavin.starr

Fancy selling me a whole set Darryl? If you can't spare a set can you part with an IACV and a EGCV?

I have one know good set in a vac sealed bag which I want to keep for myself (sorry), the other set are 'unknown', but can send them if you are stuck. I don't have an IACV though.

Without going into detail which controll valve is usually at fault, just so that i can take a look at things propperly with a fresh head in the morning

If it's the EG control valve it will be caused by the part that is (poorly) outlined in red in the pic attached. From a troubleshooting point of view it's a single unit and ideally needs to be replaced with a known working one.

Is that the part you swapped already? If it was replaced it can be ruled out if the symptoms where exactly the same before and after.

Side%20of%20engine,%20exhaust.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one know good set in a vac sealed bag which I want to keep for myself (sorry), the other set are 'unknown', but can send them if you are stuck. I don't have an IACV though.

If it's the EG control valve it will be caused by the part that is (poorly) outlined in red in the pic attached. From a troubleshooting point of view it's a single unit and ideally needs to be replaced with a known working one.

Is that the part you swapped already? If it was replaced it can be ruled out if the symptoms where exactly the same before and after.

Ahh I thought you meant the air control valve.

Yeah I think the bit you have circled is the bit he has replaced. I had a look at that when my 2nd tubby wasn't firing. Decided just to take the lot off rather than mess around with it. Not a job I would fancy in situ :D

Yea the bit you circled in red was the bit that i have changed. ive not had change to look at it this weekend so for now ill keep it in ttc mode.

That's the actuator I had problems with on mine, unfortunately Toyota don't sell them separately (only available new with the turbo).

I replaced mine with an HKS one, they don't do a kit specifically for the Supra, but is was quite easy to modify one for a 1JZGTE Chaser.

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/products/turbo/act/act.html