The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lambo Doors

CJ

i currently have a set on my car at the moment, i fitted them myself, pretty easy to fit, as they do bolt straight on to the existing holes (no welding needed)....

but i did have to cut/role the inside of the wing.....

to do this, you have to strip the whole of the front end.

the good thing about these kits is that they can adjust to your requirement, how much they open before they lift, how high you want the door to lift up.

i bought my set of keron, i think he still has a set for sale? maybe worth a try asking him.

it might be best if you see a car with the lambo kit on, as then you can see what your getting into!

probably be a bit on the pricey side, as it would take longer on your car because you would have to take the side skirts off before you can take the wings off, and if you have bonded the side skirts on then it will be tricky.

maybe ask your garage/bodyshop how much they would charge, give them a rough idea of whats involved to acually fit the kit.

probably be a bit on the pricey side, as it would take longer on your car because you would have to take the side skirts off before you can take the wings off, and if you have bonded the side skirts on then it will be tricky.

maybe ask your garage/bodyshop how much they would charge, give them a rough idea of whats involved to acually fit the kit.

I will give Liam a shout later and se what he says!

At least you'll impress the Max power readers!

Your car is fine as it. I wouldnt bother.

You are probably right old chap - and I will probably end up spending the shekels on something else more worthwhile

CJ, the most important thing is to get a kit that is specifically designed to fit the Supra. The guy who owns [thread=38818]THIS[/thread] Supra bought a generic kit to start with, the company that did the work spent a long time trying to get the kit to fit. In the end the kit was scrapped and a new one sourced but even this took a HUGE ammount of time to fit and get set up correctly.

I was at the same tuners last week a couple of times, they curently have an NSX in getting a lot of work done including Lambo door install. The mechanic has being doing the install for the last couple of weeks every time I'm there and is still adjusting the fit to get the door to sit/close properly. I had a look at teh work and he had had to cust shape a nd weld the pillar a lot to get the hinge to sit correctly and to allow the door to swing upwards without catching on the wing.

it depends on what kit you use...there are quite a few different ones available out there....the ones i have are a bolt on job....no welding etc...the only mod you have to do is cut/roll the wing to allow the new mechanism to fit...and i provide full instructions to fit these (specific to the supra) which helps...

TBH its not worth getting a kit that does not fit/requires welding etc as it would cost more in the long run...

CJ, the most important thing is to get a kit that is specifically designed to fit the Supra. The guy who owns [thread=38818]THIS[/thread] Supra bought a generic kit to start with, the company that did the work spent a long time trying to get the kit to fit. In the end the kit was scrapped and a new one sourced but even this took a HUGE ammount of time to fit and get set up correctly.

I was at the same tuners last week a couple of times, they curently have an NSX in getting a lot of work done including Lambo door install. The mechanic has being doing the install for the last couple of weeks every time I'm there and is still adjusting the fit to get the door to sit/close properly. I had a look at teh work and he had had to cust shape a nd weld the pillar a lot to get the hinge to sit correctly and to allow the door to swing upwards without catching on the wing.

These ones were also fitted at Top Racing....

http://hk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ipnigel/album?.dir=/1651&.src=ph&.tok=phLcWCDBnMDjSiaH

:clap:

Hijack warning: Also noted Jasons car in the NA&TURBO picture - the 315 wide tyres on the back look too small :eek:

The more I look, the more I am undecided as to whwther I like them or not :tempted:

TBH, I am erring on the side of not as I am sure I can think of other things to spend a grand on rather than doors that open differently.

Thanks for all your input people - much appreciated :urock:

OK, I have been talking to Terry S and John A about getting sets of these bought and fitted....Nah, just kidding, unlike me, they have no sense of adventure :tongue:

Funnily enough, I don't despise lambo-type doors (in principle!)

I know that there are pitfalls, and expensive crappy conversions that can ruin the car. Some cannot even stand up properly after a while, or need arms of steel to raise, or just move in a funny up-and-out angle.

But I agree that good conversions do look cool and are quite practical sometimes, especially in confined spaces (with headroom ofcourse!)

CJ I've just asked the tuners here for the brand name a nd price of the kit that they used on the white car Loks posted. The kit is from Japan and is Supra specific so just bolts on.

I wouldn't have the doors on mine as they draw a bit too much attention, they do look trick though when you see them in real life. They especially suit the low lines of the NSX that is getting them fitted here at the moment.

Col, your car must attract loads of attention already, you might as well get the doors to match :trust: