The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Side view cameras

Attero

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's enabled. I went through the manual but theres not much about Aux-2 on there.

When I open up Aux-2, it just comes up with the Aux-2 screen and the background picture. It's as if it didn't recognize the input.

I need to find some sort of different video output device and test that.

You have connected the secondary earth haven't you?

There's a wire that's supposed to connect to the handbrake they won't display video unless it's connected.

Just connect it to your normal earth wire if you haven't already to allow it to show video all the time.

Already tried that. Had to do that to get the DVD player to work. Still no luck.

Got it to work. The test subject was shown on the screen fine.

Now I need to find a way of getting the antenna to only go up when listening to the radio automatically (if possible). I only listen to Radio One and that works with the antenna down so I'm not too fussed.

Does anyone know of a device which can retrieve RCA video input and merge the two inputs into 1 (meaning just a single video input required on the headset and a split screen of the two videos).

If that exists, that would be awesome and save a bit of work.

I think I have at home somewhere a camera about the size of a 2p in width (maybe slightly larger) with bezel so you could screw on bumper....it has 2 leads out of it.

1 yellow for VGA to monitor and another for power....which if you could get right cable extender just plum into an ignition wire...back of radio (yellow I think) Not fancy but simple and would just show up on a monitor.

Why do you need 2 again? Surely you only need to see to the right? If there's nothing coming just edge out until you can see left - that way you block traffic so you can pull out easier as well.

That was my original idea, but I decided to make things really easy in the long run and go full on. I could buy one camera for now and get another if I'm still not satisfied.

Why do you need 2 again? Surely you only need to see to the right? If there's nothing coming just edge out until you can see left - that way you block traffic so you can pull out easier as well.

What if something is overtaking and on the wrong side of the road? He wouldn't be able to see that, and I would say he would be to blame. Surely widening the entrance is the best long term bet, so all vehicles coming out of the premises can see?

It's a road. If I can't stick up a dome mirror, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let me knock down the brick walls that make it hard to see either way.

It comes out onto a hill which nobody ever overtakes on. But then this is spinning my thoughts in all sort of directions. What do you think would be best? 1 or 2 cameras?

Thats what i would be doing, i know you may want some fancy cameras on your car but if its going to cost in the region of £200 i wouldnt be bothering.

I've already spent most of the money on the stuff I need anyway. I'm carrying on with what I'm doing and the council here are tight. They won't fix potholes but they'll fine you like crazy for doing the smallest thing "wrong" to their books.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought the first CCD camera (£55 from ebay - delivered next day which was awesome). It seems to look like it will acomplish what I want it to, so I may aswell buy the second, but I'll fit it first and see!

Was a bit chunkier than I imagined, but then it's black and will be practically invisible on my car. :)

IMG00198-20100430-1005.jpg