The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guess the BHP game

GeordieSteve

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll need to back the 650's off quite a lot...IanC's gotten his head round it (as it's not a blanket % change across the range) might be worth PM'ing him for some rough settings. Is the SAFC actually fitted? If it's not I wouldn't try to drive it with the 650's in as it will just flood the engine?

If it is fitted I'd knock all the fueling back by 25% across the range to limp it to a tuner.

EDIT - Think the SAFC has a low throttle and hi throttle value...make the low -25% and the high -35%....but again don't drive it in anger without getting it mapped.

PM'd with my old settings and a few notes mate :thumbs:

My settings DO NOT make it a fully mapped car, I can't emphasise that enough. It may run way better than now but it could still be too rich by far or even worse (although I doubt it) be dangerously lean.

Can't believe someone "in the trade" can't set up the most basic airflow controller on the market... That must speak volumes :omg:

-Ian

p.s. would it make any difference that my turbo timer tells me my A/F ratio?

No, not if it is still displays the output of the standard narrowband sensor.

I even had a wideband on the Calibra FFS, it really is not far-fetched.

Most of the 'mods' people do on these cars I find useless and sometimes even counter-productive. You know me. ;)

But a WideBand gauge/controller like the AEM is no gimmick. Every tuned turbo should have one :woot:

• 1 month later...

Well the S-AFCII wasn't up to the job. Hats off to Thor for everything and I'll be back shortly waving my emanage high! You were right... the S-AFCII just couldn't get rid of the petrol and just bogged down. After fixing various problems it came out at a sad 370rhhp at 1.2Bar. Will the emanage improve this at all or will it only sort out my "bogging down" at 4krpm?

If it's bogging down, and the AFC can't get rid of enough fuel, the E-manage should give you both cleaner revving and more power.

TBH, I don't think 370 is bad for an auto. Remember they loose a fair bit of power through the transmission. Probably may be able to get another 20 or so once it's all running well.

Well, I really don't want to get into a dyno figure debate, but if 473 was at the wheels with stock based turbo's, that means he's somewhere near 580 @ the flywheel. - Sorry, can't see it's possible.

Don't chase big numbers. You'll only end up either unhappy or getting false dyno figures to please other people.

After fixing various problems it came out at a sad 370rhhp at 1.2Bar. Will the emanage improve this at all or will it only sort out my "bogging down" at 4krpm?

I think if you look at the list on Monkeymarks post you are well up there - sorry but I am with Matt on this one

THOR Top Dyno Numbers For Stock/Hybrid Turbos at the hubs

01. 473.6 hp / 451.7 ft/lb Richie S (TT 6) JAP (Envy Hybrids)

02. 402.9 hp / 376.8 ft/lb @ 1.3 Bar Boost Paul E (TT auto) JAP (Miami-GT Hybrids)

03. 392.7 hp / 396.3 ft/lb Chris B (TT auto) UK

04. 382.9 hp / 419.9 ft/lb @ 1.35 Bar Boost Paul L (TT 6) UK

05. 380.2 hp / 378.3 ft/lb @ 1.2 Bar Boost Mcanny (TT auto) UK DYNO graph1 DYNO graph2

06. 365.0 hp / 384.0 ft/lb @ 1.2 Bar Boost Lovatt (TT auto) JAP

07. 363.6 hp / 365 ft/lb @ 1.1 Bar Boost tbourner (TT 6) JAP DYNO graph

08. 360.1 hp / 345.8 ft/lb @ 1.1 Bar Boost Chase (TT auto) JAP DYNO graph

09. 344.7 hp / 354 ft/lb @ 1.2 Bar Boost Slick (Steve) (TT auto) UK

10. 335.8 hp / 357.3 ft/lb @ 1.01 Bar Boost Bill Prawn (TT auto) JAP DYNO graph

11. 316.4 hp / 303.9 ft/lb @ 0.8 Bar Boost Ian R (TT auto) JAP

Ok cheers guys. Like I say it's only a pub figure I was looking for anyway. I know what the car can do and that's what matters BUT... I do like to be able to put a high number to it as well ;)

I'll scan the graphs in later so you can see the drop mid revs. Made 355lb torque as well btw

If you're after pub figures, then just make up some and get over with it.

Why would you need to pay a dyno operator to add correction factors, when you can do the arithmetic yourself. Photoshop a dynograph, and you've got proof too. Far fetched you think?

"500+" figures sound nice and a few people quote them, but not all can do elevens to back them up, lol...