The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fastest 1/4 mile road legal UK supra

Guest ChrisW!

Guest G-Nasty

I'm the guy he's talking about, and if you read his post, 750 is just a little work to hold me over until my truck, car, and race bikes are sold back home over seas. I'm not new to the drag racing scene, I'm just new to the area. I do know that 750 RWHP won't get me anywhere, it's just for fun until my funds pull through in a month or two.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what tires did Kev Huntley use, if they were drag radials then its him .

Dunno mate, looks like a proper drag setup with skinny front etc, cant see it being driven on the street like that, true road car that pulls off a good time should be driven to the strip like you use to, no trailer queens can have that fastest road legal title imo unless driven to the strip and raced.

I'm the guy he's talking about, and if you read his post, 750 is just a little work to hold me over until my truck, car, and race bikes are sold back home over seas. I'm not new to the drag racing scene, I'm just new to the area. I do know that 750 RWHP won't get me anywhere, it's just for fun until my funds pull through in a month or two.

Welcome and good luck:)

Dunno mate, looks like a proper drag setup with skinny front etc, cant see it being driven on the street like that, true road car that pulls off a good time should be driven to the strip like you use to, no trailer queens can have that fastest road legal title imo unless driven to the strip and raced.

http://www.japdragseries.co.uk/hksr1_2008/huntly_ptm08dj2.jpg

I don't mind driving mine up to prove a point but it would need a tire change and geo change at the strip, anything over 1000hp and it gets a bit hairy if the geo is wrong.

Guest G-Nasty

I'll be at the Pod at some point in the future, not sure when. I'll be planning on building a single turbo/nitrous monster, should be a good time.

A member (a very dorment member) is running a well set up 1051bhp,

Id like to see him run down the strip with you 'big' boys

Suprapod grudge match maybe ;)

No point in having a 1051 hp car if it never hits a race track, tell him to get it to the pod (when the strips prepped) and use it for what god intended. !!!!!!!!!

If the car really is that HP im sure a lot of people would love to see it run, i'll even have a little wager to make it more interesting:eyebrows:

I'll be @ Supra Pod when mine is finished, can't drag race for toffe but will give it a go. Might ask some experienced member(nutter) to drive it one run for me.Just to see what it can do, then go home and take out the mighty Fiesta :)

Its easy dude just drive it like you stole it:eyebrows:

What spec is the car dude???

Thanks for the replys guys, the reason i'm asking is because my american friend has just moved over and we are looking at building a road legal supra with approx. 750whp, then when he's sold his trucks, cars and bikes in Texas, we're going to build it into a road legal monster to take to the pod to break some records. :eyebrows:

Looks like Jamie, Lee and Dude got some competition, but not for this years Suprapod buy the sounds of it:d Jamies got 10lb of NOS now:eyebrows: (trailer to follow lol)

Looks like Jamie, Lee and Dude got some competition, but not for this years Suprapod buy the sounds of it:d Jamies got 10lb of NOS now:eyebrows: (trailer to follow lol)

There are lots of fast cars coming dude, i know of 1 that is a proven low 8 sec car:blink: and his other car will run in the 8's as well, both will be well over 1500hp:sly:

There are lots of fast cars coming dude, i know of 1 that is a proven low 8 sec car:blink: and his other car will run in the 8's as well, both will be well over 1500hp:sly:

These cars auto or 6 speed mate?

Depends if people can drive them, as you know its not easy getting a good time from a 6 speed.

Guest G-Nasty

Now this is what I'm talking about, are his cars street cars? If so, I guess he's who I'll be after here soon :D

These cars auto or 6 speed mate?

Depends if people can drive them, as you know its not easy getting a good time from a 6 speed.

Both 6 speed dude, both street cars in fact one is a show car, he knows they will take some getting used to but I will drive the race car as well as him to see who gets the best time, it has trapped at 174mph with the 3 ltr now it is 3.4 and 3 sizes up on the turbo.

Now this is what I'm talking about, are his cars street cars? If so, I guess he's who I'll be after here soon :D

We will see ;) I take it you mean 2011, my car will run 8's but it will take some playing about to get there, might not even happen this year.

Both 6 speed dude, both street cars in fact one is a show car, he knows they will take some getting used to but I will drive the race car as well as him to see who gets the best time, it has trapped at 174mph with the 3 ltr now it is 3.4 and 3 sizes up on the turbo.

Is it white by any chance?

Guest G-Nasty

Yeah I'm talking more about 2011, I've just gotten here, I'm just now looking for a car. As soon as all of my things back in Texas are sold off I'll start the real build.