The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fastest 1/4 mile road legal UK supra

Guest ChrisW!

Tyres were MT Streets with over 1.2mm tread so MOT and Road Legal. Also used Drag Radials which were good for Mid 10's.

No point trying to use road tyres at Santa pod you will just get Wheel Hop and start breaking things. On a preped sticky track lick Santa Pod Slicks or Cut slicks are the best option.

Thanks

Kevin

Dunno mate, looks like a proper drag setup with skinny front etc, cant see it being driven on the street like that, true road car that pulls off a good time should be driven to the strip like you use to, no trailer queens can have that fastest road legal title imo unless driven to the strip and raced.

http://www.japdragseries.co.uk/hksr1_2008/huntly_ptm08dj2.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyres were MT Streets with over 1.2mm tread so MOT and Road Legal. Also used Drag Radials which were good for Mid 10's.

No point trying to use road tyres at Santa pod you will just get Wheel Hop and start breaking things. On a preped sticky track lick Santa Pod Slicks or Cut slicks are the best option.

Thanks

Kevin

Kev what suspension did you use, im thinking of getting a new set of HKS drag coilovers, not sure what it will drive on the street like though.

Gutted to be selling the car mate, just reading this thread really makes me miss the buzz of Drag racing! Still toying with the idea of selling the Zed and keeping the Supra but we will see what happens. Santa Pod is just so far and I don't get much time with my new job. Would be nice to see a real ethusiast buy the car and take up where I left off!

Pity you are leaving the scene Kevin, any chance of you coming to suprapod if the car dont sell?

I was running the HKS Hipermax II which were a great setup on the strip and could be adjusted quite quickly for road use. Think these were the ideal compromise. I guess the HKS Drag coilovers would have been better but then I imagine the road performance would not be up to much.

Kev what suspension did you use, im thinking of getting a new set of HKS drag coilovers, not sure what it will drive on the street like though.

• 5 months later...

Just to update this.

That was with Mickey thompson Radials and was in Street eliminator series where you have to complete a 30 mile cruise and fill up with Pump fuel to qualify every race weekend :cool:

we also had 3 of the 15 pack of cars pulled by the Filth, They actually took them to a Mobile VOSA tech bay and lifted the cars on a 4 poster ramp, All 3 of the cars failed on noise but that was it!

The MOT states that "the exhaust should sound of simirlar to the original" LOL No actual LAW on noise limits:sly:

Anyways a prohibition order on all 3 cars, An extra silencer in the system and a re-mot. I would like to add my car was fine, The 3 in Question are V8 Supercharged 8L+ Beasts :eyebrows:

Sounds Like a nightmare been pulled by VOSA, would be surprised if any of the cars would pass the Emisions test in Drag form.

Stuart am I right in thinking that your car is tubbed out, Space framed and race lightened as you seam to be running great times considering the power output of the car.

Thanks

Kevin

Just to update this.

That was with Mickey thompson Radials and was in Street eliminator series where you have to complete a 30 mile cruise and fill up with Pump fuel to qualify every race weekend :cool:

we also had 3 of the 15 pack of cars pulled by the Filth, They actually took them to a Mobile VOSA tech bay and lifted the cars on a 4 poster ramp, All 3 of the cars failed on noise but that was it!

The MOT states that "the exhaust should sound of simirlar to the original" LOL No actual LAW on noise limits:sly:

Anyways a prohibition order on all 3 cars, An extra silencer in the system and a re-mot. I would like to add my car was fine, The 3 in Question are V8 Supercharged 8L+ Beasts :eyebrows:

Good to see tax payers money not being wasted then !!

Whats next ? down the riverbank checking fishing rod lengths with a micrometer , rapid response teams kicking down the front door of knitting circles ?

Good to see tax payers money not being wasted then !!

Whats next ? down the riverbank checking fishing rod lengths with a micrometer , rapid response teams kicking down the front door of knitting circles ?

The Lesson learned in SE was not to do the cruise so early on a saturday and the 3 cought got split up from the pack....I think if the cops saw ALL of us they would have been in shock :blink: