My DIY Cold Air Box

jevansio

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jez, have you got a pic of your car looking straight on, so i can see where the drainpipe is under the indicator/sidelight?

i was thinking of doing the same, but there doesnt apear to be much room ther due to my Greddy IC piping?

There are some at the beginning of the thread? Any good? There's not much to see with the bumper on

• 3 weeks later...

Finished my new improved version today, it's made from 220mm diam perspex tube, with perspex end caps, it has a 5" intake direct from my existing cold air feed. I was going to get some black 4" flexible intake ducting for the filter->turbo, but B&Q had this rigid flexible hose, you reckon it will be OK?

Any pics, I have loads of how I made it of anyone is interested, sorry for the grainy pics, it was dark and the ISO is way up:

That looks like it is going to be the business bud. Personally I would have increased the volume of air around the filter (between filter and perspex tube) as that may cause a bit of a restriction, basically you want the volume that the filter can handle to be equal to the volume outside the filter.

Unless the perspex is actually larger than it looks, I know pics can throw you off :)

love it dude i may steal that idea too lol

Lol, cheers bud

That looks like it is going to be the business bud. Personally I would have increased the volume of air around the filter (between filter and perspex tube) as that may cause a bit of a restriction, basically you want the volume that the filter can handle to be equal to the volume outside the filter.

Unless the perspex is actually larger than it looks, I know pics can throw you off :)

Cheers bud, I'm sure there will be no restriction, I've worked it all out :D

Thats much nicer than the last 1 Jay. Looks very stylish mate, if thats the word im looking for.

Cheers John, yeah I'm happy with it at last, can get on with fitting the other door now :)

Cheers bud,

I don't think so, all it will do it suck in ambient air, I already proved the old big aluminium box did that so this sealed unit will do no better, truth be told I on;t made it as I think a barrel looks better than a box, and no quench than neurotic part of me that wanted for the box to be sealed (even though it would prolly make buggar all difference)

Cheers bud,

I don't think so, all it will do it suck in ambient air, I already proved the old big aluminium box did that so this sealed unit will do no better, truth be told I on;t made it as I think a barrel looks better than a box, and no quench than neurotic part of me that wanted for the box to be sealed (even though it would prolly make buggar all difference)

That's a fair shout.

Where you starting next? :p

Looks great Jay but i think bud your going to find your Air/fuel ratios will be going richer now as the size of the the box is not big enough in relation to the filter imo.

If you can measure how much water that could hold some how, i could tell you for sure but would also need to know how much your injector duty cycle is at peak torque and at peak power .... plus the injector size.

Ryan