The mkiv Supra Owners Club

restrictor ring, not very restrictive

Lude

Ive tried this now and it didnt work =0/ my boost is around 1.4 with the restrictor ring after the mp .. the ring is 52 mm

ive hear this.

ive got a new ring, but have got a feeling it isnt going to work either :(

thats why i made the thread, has anyone actually got a ring that has restricted the boost?

think will have to look at some other way of lowering the boost???

MANY people have a restrictor ring that restricts boost, otherwise they wouldnt be used and j-spec turbos would be blowing up all over the place.

The restrictor ring purely works to increase back pressure against the turbos. There is no scientific measure of how well it will work depending on its size. Each car will behave differently depending on the downpipe and the exhaust in use.

If you have a slightly larger slightly straighter downpipe with a loud and unrestrictive exhaust you will need a bigger restrictor to keep the boost down.

Get somebody to make you a very restrictive ring and see what that does, and then use a boost controller to bring the boost up.

But it must be noted that a restrictor ring is one of the least technical mods you can make to the car. It is purely a blockage introduced to try and bring the boost back down where the turbos can breathe too easily.

Guest beathacker

If i understand this problem rigth it i is caused by the wastegate being to small.

What if i would fit a euro spec wastegate wouldnt that work ?

It is just one wastegate that would be needed to change the one in the front of the car?

Im not a mecanic im just trying to learn how to fix my supra on my owm so dont laugh :p