The mkiv Supra Owners Club

3M Carbon Fibre effect film

jacko

I've got a load of 3M carbon effect cast wrapping film if anybody is interested. It is the best stuff you can buy. Its £65 for 1200x1000mm piece including postage. Not cheap, but the best. Just had a quick look on ebay and its going for £80 per metre on there! It is the most realistic carbon effect film out there, with an actual weave effect in it

Not sure exactly how much you would need. It is possible to lacquer over normal vinyls, but i dont know how it would work with the weave effect, would probably be a case of trying a bit. Other companys do a "wet look" carbon if that is the look you are after?

Nev, i had them wrap my dash in the same, They where using normal car lacquer on it to make it shine.

I used back to black for my dash after it was done, This stuff isnt easy to use. I wouldnt try and do my dash myself.

How much did they charge for the dash to be done Raven and did they do the gear surround and ash tray? If you dont mind me asking.

How much for the piece you have?

I would collect ;)

I started doing a refurb on my lights and tried the 3M with a bit I got hold of to see how it was to work with.. you have to have patience and lots of it. If the headlight turns out like this the dash will be easier;)

scotty

Nev, i had them wrap my dash in the same, They where using normal car lacquer on it to make it shine.

I used back to black for my dash after it was done, This stuff isnt easy to use. I wouldnt try and do my dash myself.

Hairdryer lots of patience and a steady hand with the craft knife needed to "bend/manipulate" the hot vinal. In the pic it took an hour to get that part of the light like that for my demo

scotty

It takes alot of time to do bradley...but in the thread I did about the light 50% say do the carbon and 50% say spray them black. Some reakon the look chavey.... but the carbon effect is less dominent when the lense is back on. Going to look at a price for the 3M do my lights in full and dash and that is it... to much carbon is a no no but just the right amount looks good IMO

Yeah I can do you some lights up

Scotty

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.