The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2fast2cool2

Tony

Bear in mind that a lot of the composites made in China are not 100% CF, they are a mix of CF and GF. Whilst the top layer you see is CF, the inner frame will probably be GF laid up in a black gelcoat. You may even notice a layer of GF under the CF to give the bonnet some thickness.

This isnt really a problem unless you're doing high speed runs where GF *could* crack under stress if it is thin enough where it is fixed to the car (be it via pins or oem fittings)....as opposed to a full 100% CF product.

I brought an oil filter relocation kit plus oil cooler setup from them, the fittings were not top quality, the oil filter fitting was incorrect. I had massive amounts of trouble getting any sense from the guy. He couldn't understand English properly and it ended in me sending the item back and requesting a refund via paypal. And then ebay stopped me leaving negative feedback.

Also fitting a carbon bonnet without pins is unsafe, seen to many guys with smashed windscreens and caved in roofs from that.

i bought a bonnet from them a few months ago thinking it was a straight swap as the advert read uses oem mounting points no modification neccessary however on arrival i received a bonnet along with bonnet pins.

i rang the company up only to be told ah yes we only supply these bonnets with pins im afraid :banghead: i wasnt impressed as i only bought it because i didnt want to use bonnet pins they look poo

fitted pics attached

it dosn't look like 2fast2cool2 hood? you have an extra airvent?