The mkiv Supra Owners Club

na conversion

suprafreak123

A TT supra. All depends on funds and what you can sell yours for. I wouldn't have got too much for mine so by the time I sold it and bought a decant TT I would have spent more cash, and therefore I couldn't do that. Plus I felt quite attached to the car:D

A TT supra. All depends on funds and what you can sell yours for. I wouldn't have got too much for mine so by the time I sold it and bought a decant TT I would have spent more cash, and therefore I couldn't do that. Plus I felt quite attached to the car

Yeah, I don't want to leave my car. :) I think a TT conversion is on the mind now. Silverstone say they can do it, including the parts! Does that mean, they can only do it if and when they can find a GTE engine?

Yeah, I don't want to leave my car. :) I think a TT conversion is on the mind now. Silverstone say they can do it, including the parts! Does that mean, they can only do it if and when they can find a GTE engine?

Be a bit tricky without it ;):D

Strange!!! I would say the 5 spd TT conversions I have done/driven feel quicker than a 6 spd, almost like a small single.

agreed with the conversions i have done they feel quicker.. also 6speed with na 6spped diff (auto ratios) is good too.. my standard vvti kept up with Lees single you just did lol (amuse kit etc)

agreed with the conversions i have done they feel quicker.. also 6speed with na 6spped diff (auto ratios) is good too.. my standard vvti kept up with Lees single you just did lol (amuse kit etc)

I should really do a TT swap...

If I source all the bits will anyone do the labour for £2.41 and a bit of fluff?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this up again, but £2500 for the conversion sounds cheap. Seeing as a Getrag 6spd box is around that price alone is it not?

I want to convert to a TT 6spd from a NA 5spd. I'm expecting to fit a new clutch, gearbox and all the likes. But surely this would bring the total cost to around £5000?

I'm guessing you might of meant converting with Silverstones chosen 6spd box but that doesn't support BPU apparently.

Sorry to bring this up again, but £2500 for the conversion sounds cheap. Seeing as a Getrag 6spd box is around that price alone is it not?

I want to convert to a TT 6spd from a NA 5spd. I'm expecting to fit a new clutch, gearbox and all the likes. But surely this would bring the total cost to around £5000?

I'm guessing you might of meant converting with Silverstones chosen 6spd box but that doesn't support BPU apparently.

It'll be £2,500 for the engine conversion only, no gearbox included.

You're looking at £6,000+ for a 6spd 2JZ-GTE conversion, plus a considerable wait to find both. Much cheaper/easier to buy a 6spd TT if you want to go that way.

There are no 6spd boxes for the Supra other than the Getrag V160/V161, Silverstone have done multiple conversions of the W58 5spd and heard of very few (if any) failures - maybe you're getting confused somewhere along the line?

i want to do this next year. but will just use the 5 speed manual i have in my N/A.

will do it myself too. so just need to source the parts really.

this guide makes it look simple. why pay someone else to do it. save yourself a ton of money and just get the work checked out after if your worried.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=136136

I'm not very mechanically knowledged so I wouldn't do it myself. I'd mess something up.

Silverstone source the parts, but I didn't know we could run a GTE engine using the NA 5spd gearbox. If that's okay, I might aswell do a conversion and then change the gearbox a bit later. I don't think you can do any BPUs with the w58 gearbox though. But that's fine.

have a little read through that thread i posted up anyway. its very good even for the read mate.

i'm still got masses to learn about these cars etc. and i don't know what power the 5 speed is capable of???? is not going BPU just a question of the box not taking the strain?

EDIT: your too quick on giving replys mate. i is a slow typer...:D

I think overall, those that do blow are the Supras that are being pushed to their limits.

i will agree with you there i think.

due to the fact i'm not rich either. i won't be ragging me motor. i never do. not just due to money, but cos i care too much for me stuff.:taped:

Jody, whats the 5 speed TT conversion top out at as im sure i read on here that even though the TT lump can transplant into the n/a (as i have had done) its good for only 155ish due to the 5speed box - any ideas or comments on this? oh and the 5 speed is lighteningly quick on exceleration but i have nothing to compare it by

Jody, whats the 5 speed TT conversion top out at as im sure i read on here that even though the TT lump can transplant into the n/a (as i have had done) its good for only 155ish due to the 5speed box - any ideas or comments on this? oh and the 5 speed is lighteningly quick on exceleration but i have nothing to compare it by

Do a search on the forum for Darryl's 'Diff Ratio Calculator'. :) The top speed with the NA 5spd + factory diff ratio is quite low.