The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I have picked up my j spec tt 6 speed

richarde7927

Hey Rich,

i was the guy who you met the first time you popped down to see it :thumbs:

Glad you got home safe and sound, you really have got yourself a perfect example of a supra there :)

The exhaust is quiet, sounds lovely though. Having looked at it from underneath it looks unbelievably well made, i'd say you could probably get a pretty penny for it if you were to sell it on for a louder one.

If the traction control gets a problem you can always pull the fuse out for it ;)

Hey Rich,

i was the guy who you met the first time you popped down to see it :thumbs:

Glad you got home safe and sound, you really have got yourself a perfect example of a supra there :)

The exhaust is quiet, sounds lovely though. Having looked at it from underneath it looks unbelievably well made, i'd say you could probably get a pretty penny for it if you were to sell it on for a louder one.

If the traction control gets a problem you can always pull the fuse out for it ;)

I would sell on the one thats on there , as im sure someone would love it . it has got a nice sound but you cannot hear it at all inside the car .

The traction control is not a problem for the min , its just if a do some track stuff i would like it off . Rich.

Well my new car was not as good as i was lead to believe

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=208149

I got the car on the ramp at work today to fit the second hand nurspec r exhaust i got from another member on here and all of the tyres are bold on the side edges :blink: and i have only done 250 miles in the car im not happy . £9000 for a car with bold tyres .Some people have no throught for the new owner i drove the car 120 miles home and i have had my kids in the car with tyres that are ready to let go at any minute ,when i brought the car i was told it had been fully checked out brakes, tyres and so on, because he did not want any come back , so did that happen. now im going to have to over the hole car as i do not trust it now :(

Rich.

Afraid you have to check these things yourself, never take a sellers word on anything car related then you wont get nasty supprises.

Their through to the canvass as well, i'd be making a phone call but not sure how far that would get you.

I'd look into getting the camber and toe checked when you sort out the new tyres.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I know i should have looked for myself and as a mechanic you think i would have know better . but the lad seemed a1 and said he'd had it all checked out . there was snow everywere so i did not look ( big mistake ) i have made that call and emailed pictures.

Ill have to get 4 new tyres

I do all the 4 wheel geom checks for my department at work so ill get the car on there as soon as the new tyres are fittted (to see what wrong). Rich.

They have not just worn... they are down to the threads!! Thats awful but I guess like previously stated you have to look for these things and if spotted at the time of sale I would have asked for the price of four new rubbers to be deducted off the price, if the seller said no then no sale.

Expensive miss that but as you said it makes you doubt the rest of the car. It does look real real nice, just go over it in detail. Im sure all will be good but rubber like that IMO means the previous owner wasnt very safety concious with 300 odd BHP under his right foot!!

Scotty

A hard lesson to learn and having trusted supposedly decent guys in the past and being stung i take nothing for granted anymore.

Theres potentially 3 points on each tyre along with a £2500 fine let alone the danger element that one could have failed or you lost control because of the state of them.

Was a good job you went to fit the exhaust and found this out now.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Its need less to say i will not be driving the car till i get the tyres sorted out .

The bit the gets me the most is he let me drive off in it knowing i had a 120 mile drive home on those tyres ,

About 20 miles into that drive the police were doing checks with the ministry in a lay bay if i would have got stop they would have had the car for the state of the tyres + points and fine .

Is it just me ? if i was selling a car for £9000 i would have made sure it was road legal

Anyway rant over , just need to get some tyres give it a good look over and move on . Rich.

They are not rubbing on anything i had a good look for that yesterday + i have not heard them catching . They are just warn out on the back and due to it being lower the camber is out of spec on the back (to - ) they have warn a bit more on the inside .The front is due to the tracking being out . Ill get some new tyres on and a geom check should get all the problems sorted (fingers crossed anyway) .

Is the camber adjusterable on the supra (front and rear ) ?

Rich.