The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone running a single without a bov?

miko_supra

okay...reason for asking that the bov on the red car always seems to open half a second too late. I always get 2 "judders" of compressor stall before the bov opens. Where could be the correct place to get vacuum from for the bov..turbo or manifild?

Christian, sorry to hijack a bit, but do you have an idea where I can get a rubber cap to plug the stock BOV pipe? I want to get rid of my Forge BOV and run without one. I know is't trivial but I can't seem to find anything that fits and will be able to a clamp...

Christian, sorry to hijack a bit, but do you have an idea where I can get a rubber cap to plug the stock BOV pipe? I want to get rid of my Forge BOV and run without one. I know is't trivial but I can't seem to find anything that fits and will be able to a clamp...

Hi Stefan. Don't know where to get a cap like that, but another solution could be to plug the silicone hose insterad. I'm quite sure it's 34mm and plugs to fit that should be easy to come by

Thanks guys.

Chris, I would rather just find a rubber bong, as I would like to be able to go back if I get annoyed with the whining from the tubbies... I do have one on blocking off on of the stock pipes so it does exist.. Just can't find it. Annoying something so simple is so difficult. Think I might need to go to a plumber or something...

Christian, that might be a solution. I'll see if that is easier to come by.

A N Other trader used to use the rubber tips off walking sticks. People laughed, but they seemed no less durable than the caps HKS supplied with their mega expensive shiny BOV kits, that also cracked and perished in no time. I too have trouble finding sealing caps in larger than 8 mm sizes. Let us know if you find any decent supplier.

I have never ran a BOV and I've been boosting 2.1 bar and the turbo has no play what so ever and has almost 10k miles. I cant stand the BOV's sound anyway, compressor surge sounds so much better.

check out a video of my car here to hear what it sounds like:

(my car at 1:30)

can i just stop for a second and say , the mean lookin vw in that vid " hitlers revenge " pmsl lol

I have never ran a BOV and I've been boosting 2.1 bar and the turbo has no play what so ever and has almost 10k miles. I cant stand the BOV's sound anyway, compressor surge sounds so much better.

Any link where i can read up about you car and see pics? EDIT... dont worry found thread with spec.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

I agree, which is why I might as well get rid of the thing. Just need to find a way to do it without actually making it too permanent ;)