The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brembo brakes from another franchised car.

RobD

i dont see why people dont use the lexus ls400 4 pots , they use 315mm discs ,99.99% direct fir on a supra (1 small pice of filing literally 20 seconds) and they are ally so are verry light, lighter than uk specs.

not to mention they were designed to stop a 1.8 tonne v8 car

these are by far the best things i have put on my car

30-06-09_1452.jpg

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

No, definitely not :) New UK ones, especially at a good discount are the way to go unless you fancy splurging on a full kit from one of the big three?

No, I think the uk ones will do me fine, perhaps if I ever get chasing Big BHP then I may opt for a couple of grands worth of brakes :D

I think the quotes from work was £587 for the front and £525 for the rear!

Ever driven a Range Rover Sport? Still amazes me how the brembo brakes stop such a heavy car so well! Though Chris has a very valid point regarding brackets etc. Trust me Rob you will be fine with UK's & a decent pad setup (CW Pads are good along with endless & a couple other). I have JSpec's on mine & currently with OEM pads but I have some yellow stuff lying around which I might try. They are pretty good brakes though for normal driving & a bit of fast road, though track days they would be rubbish!

Go UK & remember to get me my set when you do mate ;)

i dont see why people dont use the lexus ls400 4 pots , they use 315mm discs ,99.99% direct fir on a supra (1 small pice of filing literally 20 seconds) and they are ally so are verry light, lighter than uk specs.

So unlike the half cast iron, half cast alloy UK calipers these are all alloy construction?

Would these fit under 17s?

no , i have these on stock uprights, on my j-spec mkiv using the lexus 315mm discs.

as an upgrade from j-spec 2 pots.

i have looked into the rear conversion but due to rear hub diferences i was told its a non starter

Do the outer edges of the pads overhang the disc at all? If they were a correct fit on a a 323 mm disc they would overhang by 4 mm. It would appear that they may not work on a UK size disc, which is a shame. I am pretty sure the pads are the same as UK MKIV caliper pads, if not there's still a chance they'd work on the bigger diameter discs..

I'm going to look for some ls400 front calipers and ill buy a pir of brembo 2pot rear calipers off evo 8 as they fit straight on.

I know someone selling the lexus ls400 mark 3 calipers from 1994, will these fit?

no , you need the later and bigger ufc20 calipers.

the earlyer ones were smaller and not verry good

...I know someone selling the Lexus LS400 Mark 3 calipers from 1994, will these fit?

No, you need the later and bigger UCF20 calipers. The earlier ones were smaller and not very good

Thanks Craig :)

They may be the ones you want, 1994 was the changeover year.

The earlier LS400 calipers (model code UCF10) were sliding calipers like the "J-Spec" Supra brakes, so it's obvious which is which.